cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluecruise on Focus

HSamwel
Skilled Driver

Is it technically possible to have bluecruise on Focus? Or do we miss some hardware?

My driving aid do drive the car itself but after about 30 seconds it nags me to take

hold of my steering wheel.

The driving aid and lane keeping does work really good on Fords generally though.

Compared to many other brands it’s actually even great. A friend of mine had a Renault

electric car which he got scared of because it could do many strange things while driving.

He actually turned off most of the driving aids except for parking sensors.

He ended up returning it, software updates didn’t help and Renault said it was nothing

wrong with the car. Probably different expectations what driving aids should do?

To me a car that suddenly turns right in the middle of the road while doing 70km/h

isn’t really OK in my book. That’s actually dangerrous and should be banned from the

roads IMO.

Focus ST MY2022.50 Mean Green
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @HSamwel, there'd hardware and software missing which is only on the Mach-e (that have a tech pack. 

One of the pieces of hardware missing can be seen on this YouTube video (it's just behind the steering wheel) and it contains a camera that ensures you're keeping your eyes on the road. 

Here's a link to our FAQs too BlueCruise FAQs - FordPass Community.

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @HSamwel, there'd hardware and software missing which is only on the Mach-e (that have a tech pack. 

One of the pieces of hardware missing can be seen on this YouTube video (it's just behind the steering wheel) and it contains a camera that ensures you're keeping your eyes on the road. 

Here's a link to our FAQs too BlueCruise FAQs - FordPass Community.

Community Moderator

HSamwel
Skilled Driver

So I pretty much missing the camera watching my face? And of course the actual software

doing everything automatically..

Lane keeping and intelligent adaptive cruise control being the major features needed. Then

the obvious self-driving software part.

This would mean it’s technically possible to add bluecruise to Focus if the camera was installed

and software updated? Or do we miss more things?

Focus ST MY2022.50 Mean Green