cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation turn countdown inconsistencies

wonky_donkey
New Driver

Hi all - I have a bit of an odd one. When using CarPlay and Apple Maps navigation the countdown to any turns etc are different in the two displays. 

The next navigation instruction at the top right of the SYNC screen appears to always be correct, but the countdown that pops up in the drivers display is incorrect after the value drops under 0.3miles. It looks to always be out by a factor of 3 when displaying yards but is correct for miles.

As a comparison between the displays…….

SYNC DISPLAY.    |     DRIVERS DISPLAY.

> 0.3  miles            |      Nothing displayed

0.3 miles                 |      0.3 miles

0.2 miles                 |      0.2 miles

300 yards               |      900 yards

220 yards                |      660 yards

100 yards                |      300 yards

IMG_5117.jpeg

…has anyone else seen this behaviour on their Mach-E when using CarPlay and Apple Maps navigation? Not sure if this is a Mach-E Bug or an iOS CarPlay Bug

MY22 with SYNC 23291 Rev 1049 - iPhone 15 Pro Max iOS 17.4.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, 

The bad news is - this is a bug.

The bug is that a conversion is happening (when it shouldn't) and being shown back to you on the cluster. 

The good news is that the Navigation team are aware and have worked on a fix which will be deployed in a future update. 

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jimallen
Mile Burner

I've seen similar discrepancies between the two displays using ABRP on Android Auto in both Mach-E and Lightning. Although I'm usually more occupied with looking at the road at those short distances from a turn 😉.

MY22 Lightning Lariat ER, Rapid Red Metallic
MY23 Mach-E GT, Grabber Blue

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, could you please send me a message with your VIN? I can point this out to the team who can take a look. 

Community Moderator

@Ikenna Thanks for reaching out - I think I’ve DM’d you my VIN 🤣 

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, 

The bad news is - this is a bug.

The bug is that a conversion is happening (when it shouldn't) and being shown back to you on the cluster. 

The good news is that the Navigation team are aware and have worked on a fix which will be deployed in a future update. 

Community Moderator