cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach e update MY 21

chris200100
Community Legend

@Rob  @Darren  @Ikenna 

its been a few weeks now and we’ve had no update on when MY 21 Mach e will be updated with the latest software.

there is now a lot of bad feeling regarding the way we as MY21 owners are being treated with no updates or word on what’s happening.

this is a good way of pushing us as customers away from the ford brand as it seems even though the sales and marketing of the Mach from DAY one was it will be updated to the latest software and gain new features if the hardware on the car is available. 

however this is not the case here in the uk, we have been left behind and just shoved to the side. 
Yes we all know the USA and UK have different regs but they are able to give MY21 mach e the latest software and bluecruise why are we being treated like this. 

id like a response from Ford on what is going on and why we are being treated like this.

ive always been a supporter of the Mach e as it’s a very good car but the support from Ford’s is appalling and this whole update business has changed my views on the Mach e, I still think the car is good but I wouldn’t buy another currently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rob
Staff
Staff

Good morning.  Firstly, apologies, I have been away from the business for over 2 weeks.  We are in the final stage of testing the next updates for 21MY and I very much hope to have this completed by early next week, unless something unforeseen happens.  Assuming all goes ok, this will enable us to release the next 5 software updates for 21MY and I will post details as soon as they are released.  I appreciate all of your concerns and feedback.  In this instance, as explained previously, we found we had to make a late update specifically for 21MY which meant the release was pushed back and had to be behind the 22MY and 23MY updates.  I will copy this into the main thread also.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ chris200100

The teams are still working on the next significant deployment and the initial stages of this will start being deployed shortly. There is dedicated resource working towards these updates for your vehicles, and they are making good progress. I am hopeful we can give an update and feature enhancements that will be included in the final parts of these early next year.

We have released two significant updates in SU3 and SU4 and are committed get further updates to you, and other MY21 customers as soon as we can. Rob has put some very comprehensive updates together in this thread  which will be updated next week.

FordPass Community Manager

@Darren 

I think a weekly update on the MY21 update progress isn’t too much to ask considering all other MY’s have had or having their updates.

Ive been regularly checking that thread but it’s been over a week with no response from Rob or anyone

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  @chris200100  – In terms of updates the status will not always change on a weekly basis, but we will continue to update Rob’s thread with more info next week. We want to evolve this site as this type of direct communication/ engagement wasn’t in place before we launched; we still have some improvements we want to make but I also hope customers find it useful.

FordPass Community Manager

Information is key. As well as more detailed change logs when releasing updates.

Regarding this case you could tell customers why there’s a delay for the MY21 for

example. What’s missing or needs code-around to get fixed in those cars?

Some form of release schedule must exist? By your last comment it seems the

delay will be until january of next year atleast? Or longer?

Also reading, replying to and implementing user ideas is also a good way forward.

If an idea is not possible you should communicate that in the actual thread with

a reason why.

I have seen a lot of good ideas which would have made huge improvements to

any Ford with SYNC4, not only Mach-e. Most seem to have been met with silence?

Focus ST MY2022.50 Mean Green