cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach e update MY 21

chris200100
Community Legend

@Rob  @Darren  @Ikenna 

its been a few weeks now and we’ve had no update on when MY 21 Mach e will be updated with the latest software.

there is now a lot of bad feeling regarding the way we as MY21 owners are being treated with no updates or word on what’s happening.

this is a good way of pushing us as customers away from the ford brand as it seems even though the sales and marketing of the Mach from DAY one was it will be updated to the latest software and gain new features if the hardware on the car is available. 

however this is not the case here in the uk, we have been left behind and just shoved to the side. 
Yes we all know the USA and UK have different regs but they are able to give MY21 mach e the latest software and bluecruise why are we being treated like this. 

id like a response from Ford on what is going on and why we are being treated like this.

ive always been a supporter of the Mach e as it’s a very good car but the support from Ford’s is appalling and this whole update business has changed my views on the Mach e, I still think the car is good but I wouldn’t buy another currently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rob
Staff
Staff

Good morning.  Firstly, apologies, I have been away from the business for over 2 weeks.  We are in the final stage of testing the next updates for 21MY and I very much hope to have this completed by early next week, unless something unforeseen happens.  Assuming all goes ok, this will enable us to release the next 5 software updates for 21MY and I will post details as soon as they are released.  I appreciate all of your concerns and feedback.  In this instance, as explained previously, we found we had to make a late update specifically for 21MY which meant the release was pushed back and had to be behind the 22MY and 23MY updates.  I will copy this into the main thread also.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

portlandg
Mile Burner

While I agree with MOST of the comments on this site and on various Mach E forums regarding the (lack off) OTA updates for those of us who were early adopters who have MY21 Mach E's, I am getting more and more annoyed at the persistent moaning and groaning. Yes, we are way behind those owners in the US, and even behind some in the UK. I agree that back in the day we were promised OTA updates "regularly" that would improve the ownership experience. That statement was very ambiguous. "Regularly" is open to personal interpretation. 

The "noticeable" updates that I have received so far haven't done that for ME. Alexa, for example claims that you can, amongst other things, for a fee paid to Ford, get music via Amazon played through the car. I have been able to do that FOC since day 1 of ownership via Android Auto. I haven't got my home linked to Alexa so, even if I wanted to, I can't turn on my lights or open my garage door before I get home. ( I keep a remote in the car for the latter).In my opinion that is just a gimmick to extract extra subscription from us. As regards to Bluecruise, in my eyes that is an even bigger con. All Bluecruise gives you OVER AND ABOVE what most of us already have is that you can take your hands of the steering wheel. WOW !!!. Intelligent Adaptive Control with Lane assist is just as good. Bluecruise can ONLY be used on motorways. The nearest motorway is me 52 miles to the east and almost the same to the west. I use the motorway on average once a month so the installation and subsequent subscription for bluecruise ( for me at least) is a waste of time and money, so that is another update that hasn't improved my experience of my MME. I can't imagine for one minute that I am the only one that thinks this way.

Now before you all start berating me, this is MY opinion. I have already left the forums that I was a member of because of all the moaning and derogatory remarks. If things continue this way on this chat room I will more than likely do the same. There are numerous posts complaining about the lack of OTA updates, and I will admit in the beginning I was  as guilty as the next person. However each complaint has been met by the same response by those at Ford which basically is saying  "we're working on it and will get it out when it's ready".

I have been a Ford customer for over 40 years and this is by far the WORST experience I have had with any previous car. My family, business and I have had at least 25 Ford cars/vans over the years so I thinks I have the experience to comment. The only saving grace is that I really love the car, love driving it and it is the best car I have owned. The back up from Ford is what lets it down. We as customers don't feel valued. It's as if they have got our money and then are not interested.

That's it. Rant over. 

shaun_inuk
Skilled Driver

So, @Darren what you’ve just said is that you may be able to give us further info regarding any more updates to MY21 in the new year?  

what happened to “a late change has pushed the updates back slightly”

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @shaun_inuk  - Sorry for the confusion - I am referring to the next significant updates where you would see noticeable changes such as the ones you have seen this year i.e. SU3 (Alexa) and SU4 (Interface changes) etc. There will be updates going out shortly in preparation for this. The slight delay that Rob was referring to was to do with these; he will be back next week and so we will provide an overview for the group then.

All – for clarity I have updated some of my wording in my previous Reponses

FordPass Community Manager

greymache
Experienced Driver

@Darren wrote:

Hi @shaun_inuk  - Sorry for the confusion - I am referring to the next significant updates where you would see noticeable changes such as the ones you have seen this year i.e. SU3 (Alexa) and SU4 (Interface changes) etc. There will be updates going out shortly in preparation for this. The slight delay that Rob was referring to was to do with these; he will be back next week and so we will provide an overview for the group then.

All – for clarity I have updated some of my wording in my previous Reponses

Hi @Darren - can you be specific?

Will one of the major updates su5 etc  be the introduction of Blue-cruise for MY21 cars ? Assuming that's the case can you give us a specific Quarter next year, that BC will be delivered on our older vehicles  ? 

shaun_inuk
Skilled Driver

Looks like another week over with no news.