cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge set at 90% but keeps charging to 100%

KevinB
Learner Driver

Hi everyone,

On my Mach E, although I have my "Max Charge Level" set at the recommended 90% on weekdays & weekends of both option 1 "Charge when plugged in" & option 2 "Use preferred charge settings", recently it keeps charging until it reaches 100% charge.

Before it used to stop charging when it reached 90% but now it doesn't for some odd reason. Refer to attached screenshot showing "Target charge level 100% although on my settings it is set at 90%.

2 REPLIES 2

hybrid2bev
Community Legend

@KevinB “Charge when plugged in” when selected means ‘ignore my settings and charge to 100%’. Be sure to select ‘use preferred settings’. 

A couple things that you can try. 1. Update your charge settings in the car, not in FordPass. (Make a slight change in the car to test it, like setting to 85%.) Don’t touch FordPass and see if it works. 

2. Delete your home location. Setup again, but only in the car, not in FordPass. Even if the street address is listed wrong just leave it like that if the map shows the right spot. 

Sometimes it seems like FordPass and the car are not synchronized or the cars GPS is not working correctly so the car doesn’t think it’s at your designated charging location. 

2021 Job 1 Premium 4X Mach-E , 2020 Explorer ST

Thank you, I will try that for my next charging cycle.