Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueCruise on the Autobahn

Charles
Staff
Staff

Hey everyone,

Many of you will have read about the technology’s approval for use on the German Autobahn two weeks ago - now the team have made that regulation a reality. This adds more than fifteen thousand miles of additional Blue Zones where you can now drive hands free.

Last night we updated the BlueCruise maps on all of our Model Year 2023 Mustang Mach-E vehicles in Great Britain. When we update your BlueCruise maps you will not see it in the same way as a Ford Power Up, but you can check out the refreshed maps dates in the About SYNC section of the General Settings. 

You can check out the new maps here - https://www.ford.co.uk/technology/driving-assistance/ford-bluecruise

It’s not long until Oktoberfest and probably too soon to mention German Christmas markets 🙈🎄, but do let me know if you are planning any trips.

b5ed4610-fb68-4fcf-bdb5-f6672d0e0966.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

shaun_inuk
Skilled Driver

Support for early adopters any time soon? We paid extra for the tech packs with the promise of Blue Cruise when authorities authorised its use. 

Aulander
Skilled Driver

Hi Charles,

if other EU countries Mustang Mach-E owners drive to Germany or UK wil they be able to use BlueCruise? Will other countries Mach-E receive the BlueCruise update in case they travel to Blue Zones?

Hi Aulander,

Not at the moment. The only Mach-E's currently equipped with the maps and software to use BlueCruise are Model Year 23 (or newer) from Great Britain and Model Year 23.75 from Germany.

If the regulations for other EU countries evolve we will update hardware capable Mach-E’s with the BlueCruise software and maps. The vision is to create the best possible highway driving experience for all our European customers, watch this space.

HSamwel
Skilled Driver

But if a UK Mach-e drives in Spain or Germany I would expect Bluecruise to work..

And vise versa..

Focus ST MY2022.50 Mean Green