cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we talk about Bluecruise?

MusterBuster
Skilled Driver

Okay, Ford, we need to talk about Bluecruise.

I love this technology, it's fantastic and it makes the car feel like it's part of something futuristic. It sets the Mach E apart from the competition, and is one of the major reasons I bought the car.

But your pricing model is untenable. 

£18 a month is a huge amount of money and is just under the amount I pay to insure the whole vehicle. I pay less for my broadband service, which I use (and get value from) orders of magnitude more. 

I totally appreciate that cloud services, connectivity, computing all carry cost to operate - but whatever your model is, it's not working. Bluecruise is not a technology that is worth £18 a month. But more to the point, I want to own my car and its technology - I don't want to feel like it's not mine.

At the Mach-E day, someone said to me "well would you pay £600 for 3 years?" and I said no, because that's still Ford owning a piece of my vehicle. Would I pay £1000 for lifetime? Absolutely, as long as I can sell it on when I sell the car. 

I want Bluecruise, I am willing to pay for it. I am not willing to have you hold a chunk of my car hostage. That car is so important to me, I need it to be mine.

Please, please can we get a lifetime payment option for Bluecruise. I am never, ever going to pay a subscription for a small piece of a vehicle.

3 REPLIES 3

ChasingCoral
Hall of Fame

£18 a month is far less than Ford is asking for Blue Cruise in the US. Here the monthly option is $75/month or $800/year. £18 (~$23) a month sounds pretty good to me!

Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition (E4X) - Marlin
Iced Blue Silver Metallic F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Sherman>

@ChasingCoral wrote:

£18 a month is far less than Ford is asking for Blue Cruise in the US. Here the monthly option is $75/month or $800/year. £18 (~$23) a month sounds pretty good to me!

Sure, but I don't think you can make direct comparisons like that. A lot more factors (like salaries/cost of living) to consider.

Craggil
New Driver

I'm just reaching the end of my free 3-month trial of Bluecruise and broadly agree. I won't be paying the £18/month either. It's great, but it's not £18/mth great! And it's only great if you sit in the same lane, as soon as you need to overtake, it disengages. For me, a £66K Ford should have every bell and whistle like this included for the first 3 or 4 years at the very least.