Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BlueCruise in traffic

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

We're looking to hear more about our user experiences around BlueCruise. 

Can you share a specific situation when BlueCruise helped you the most during traffic jams/traffic?

BlueCruise_HMI.png

Community Moderator
7 REPLIES 7

AlanJohnsrud
Valued Contributor III

I use BlueCruise almost daily. I have found that BlueCruise isn't the best in stop and go traffic due to the hard braking. It also lets too big of a gap (even when traveling distance is set to the lowest possible) in heavy traffic that it allows multiple cars to cut you off, and thus trigger a harsh deceleration. So generally I do not use BlueCruise when in heavy traffic. 

However, on moderate traffic where things are free flowing, it's really nice. Helps take the mental load off. Saves some of my mental energy from driving and I get to where I am going easier.

Minnesota - 2022 Mustang Mach-E

hybrid2bev
Community Legend

I have BC 1.0. I would use it for 40 round trip highway miles of my commute….but BC 1.0 does not work well in the far left lane (of a 3 lane expressway). It rides too close to the right line of the far left lane. I find myself turning off the lane centering and just using the adaptive cruise, rather than fighting the car to hold the center of the far left lane. BC works much better in the center and right lanes. Makes the drive much more enjoyable, not having to constantly adjust my speed and steering!  Love BC in those lanes. 

I find that Unbridle and 1 distance bar is too aggressive, too late to slow down and harshly, abruptly stopping. Using Whisper mode and 2 distance bars is much smoother and more natural. I use 2 bars normally in almost all traffic. Except in seriously slow traffic (1-15 mph) then I’ll use 1 distance bar to keep me close to the car in front (less likely to have people cut in). That’s where BC would really shine. Not having to constantly speed up and slow down and speed up and slow down, it’s exhausting. BC in heavy traffic is great. 

Looking forward to seeing if BC 1.3 handles the far left lane better. 

2021 Job 1 Premium 4X Mach-E , 2020 Explorer ST

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @hybrid2bev @AlanJohnsrud would you both be happy for us to use your feedback in some of our communications? We'd like to include testimonials from people who use BlueCruise. 

Community Moderator

AlanJohnsrud
Valued Contributor III

That is totally alright with me!

Minnesota - 2022 Mustang Mach-E