cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After latest sync 4 update FordPass not activating on 2022 Focus Sync 4 and maps are not working

MariusVait
Learner Driver

Hi, after the latest Sync 4 update I was not able to connect my Android phone directly to Ford Sync 4 infotainment system (connection only worked through cable). I did the system reset with hopes to fix the Android auto connection issues and since then I also lost my FordPass connection. I can no longer activate my vehicle and the popup does not come up on my car infotainment screen.  What I have tried:
- re-install the FordPass application
- did the master reset for the vechile
- tried to repeat procedure while connected to hotspot, when offline, with car turned on in P, with car shut down, basically I did everything that is possible through all provided guides. Issue still persists. The step where I get stuck - when in FordPass application I see "activation pending" and no popup shows up in the car.

Few additional things that also occurred after the Sync 4 update - when car is connected to my phone hotspot and I navigate to "connected vehicle features" this menu is unavailable for some reason. And Ford infotainment system (Sync 4) maps also stopped working since the last update. It only shows blank screen. Before the update that was done in July automatically everything was working properly. Went to the dealer and they didn't find any solution. I asked to install the previous Sync 4 version which was working fine with FordPass app, but they told that it is not possible.

SYNC 4, Software Version: 23095_PRODUCT
Revision: 807

Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3

redd12
Learner Driver

Did you fixed the problem already? i have the exact same problem with this version.....

SYNC 4, Software Version: 23095_PRODUCT
Revision: 807

Unfortunately not yet. Been to the dealer several times, they tried to change ECU and some other modules - no luck after replacements. Now I am waiting for another part to arrive (not sure which module it will be this time) and they will take my car once again. Hopefully this time it will sort out the problems.

I hope that solution works for your car.

The dealer is accusing me of changing the software, but I find that impossible with Sync 4.

I've emailed Ford about this issue and am still waiting for a response.