cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedition 15" Sync Power Up Mess

EdNewman
Visitor

Hoping someone can help me out.  My wife has a 22 Expedition 304A with the 15" Sync 4A system.  It was great until this past fall when we got a power up OTA update that wrecked it.  The navigation voice prompts no longer work, the ford assistant no longer works, and a bunch of other issues.  After a few weeks of frustration we took it to the dealer.  They had it for over a week, testing and going back and forth with the tech hotline.  The hotline insisted it was not the update but something else.  Then in comes in another vehicle with the same issues.  By the following week the hotline had spoken with software development and said it was indeed the update that broke it and we need to wait for a new OTA update to correct it.  Now over two months have gone by and no fix.  My wife is extremely frustrated.  I asked the dealer if they can revert it back to as built and they said no, once it does the OTA updates, they can't.  It currently has Sync 4 version 23202 rev 956.  Is there anywhere we I can get better information on the software versions and if there is a way to force an update through the dealer or OTA?  When I call the 800# they just tell me to wait and that the updates are rolled out in random order.  I say what about those of us who have broken trucks.  I would hope they would prioritize us.  No luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Rob
Staff
Staff

Hello @EdNewman  Thank you for your post and sorry to hear about your experiences.  We are a UK based community and only handle UK (and sometimes European) customers and vehicles.  Unfortunately, we don't have any expertise on any North American vehicles such as the Expedition or the software updates that they receive.  I'd normally suggest contacting our North America Customer Assistance Center, however it looks like you may have already done so. We do not have an equivalent community to this in North America, so don't have somewhere else I can suggest which I'm sorry about.