Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Octopus Tariff – Mach-E integration

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,
We know there has been a lot of talk around the Intelligent Octopus tariff and integrations with FordPass. We have been working behind the scenes with Octopus to produce a solution as we understand that it is frustrating to you. For those affected Octopus should have reached out to you via email asking for some further information - this step is needed in order for them to connect you and to avoid getting locked out of FordPass again in the future.

For those who haven't requested to have their FordPass access unrestricted you can do this via our customer relations centre HERE Or alternatively through FordPass in the help section under account. 

Note: If you haven’t received the email, or have any issues with Intelligent Octopus in general IT should be raised directly with them.

We are working on ways to improve this process in the future and will give an update here in the new year.

You may also be interested to hear that Ford and Octopus are also now working more closely on home install options as can be seen here.. Get an EV charger with Octopus Energy | Octopus Energy

More info here: https://www.ford.co.uk/hybrid-electric/charging/home-charging

FordPass Community Manager
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,
I just wanted to put a clarifying post for Intelligent Octopus customers. The process we recently put in place was done so through listening to your feedback. We had already been working with Octopus to come to a solution on this and that process has been progressing well; however there are still some steps to tackle to get this over the line which will hopefully be at the start of next year.

To address this in the meantime, and bridge the gap we have put in an optional interim process, although more manual, we felt that it was a positive step to give our customers options now.

The steps to avoid blocking on your FordPass account are as follows:

1. Octopus have a record of all Ford customers and should have sent/be sending you an email asking for some further information– this step is essential and you must complete and return. If you haven’t received this you must contact Octopus to initiate.
2. This info forms an official record and will ensure your account is not locked in the future
3. The process can take up 2 business days currently so there is a risk within this period that accounts can be blocked, or an un-block undone
4. Once two business days has past if you haven’t been blocked you should be able to continue without issues.

5. if your account is blocked then you will need to contact the FordPass app team to initiate an unblock.

I hope this helps, and I would advise that anyone who is unhappy with the above process waits until the new year when we have the finalised version in place.

View solution in original post

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

All, if you are having issues getting the email from Octopus (mandatory step 1) you can access the form directly here. Please still follow the remaining steps I laid out above.

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

We resolved the technical issues, and our customers who use the Intelligent Octopus tariff should be able to reconnect their Ford vehicles.

Please make sure to respond to the communication that Octopus sent to all their customers, who have a Ford vehicle on their account. This is a requirement in order to reconnect the vehicle. If you can’t find the email in your inbox please check your junk folder or contact Octopus. 

Community Moderator

I have done that. 
Ford have not reinstated my FordPass app so am I assuming correctly that Ford won’t allow me to use FORDPASS if you have the octopus application in use??

Thank you for this update which is good news. I have called the FordPass and they confirmed they will reinstated my FordPass access and I can still use IO to smart charge my car horary thank you.

jojo1310
Learner Driver

me too. Apparently they have reinstated but takes a couple of days to take effect so should be up and running on Friday afternoon!! Whoooo such good news!