Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Octopus Tariff – Mach-E integration

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,
We know there has been a lot of talk around the Intelligent Octopus tariff and integrations with FordPass. We have been working behind the scenes with Octopus to produce a solution as we understand that it is frustrating to you. For those affected Octopus should have reached out to you via email asking for some further information - this step is needed in order for them to connect you and to avoid getting locked out of FordPass again in the future.

For those who haven't requested to have their FordPass access unrestricted you can do this via our customer relations centre HERE Or alternatively through FordPass in the help section under account. 

Note: If you haven’t received the email, or have any issues with Intelligent Octopus in general IT should be raised directly with them.

We are working on ways to improve this process in the future and will give an update here in the new year.

You may also be interested to hear that Ford and Octopus are also now working more closely on home install options as can be seen here.. Get an EV charger with Octopus Energy | Octopus Energy

More info here: https://www.ford.co.uk/hybrid-electric/charging/home-charging

FordPass Community Manager
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,
I just wanted to put a clarifying post for Intelligent Octopus customers. The process we recently put in place was done so through listening to your feedback. We had already been working with Octopus to come to a solution on this and that process has been progressing well; however there are still some steps to tackle to get this over the line which will hopefully be at the start of next year.

To address this in the meantime, and bridge the gap we have put in an optional interim process, although more manual, we felt that it was a positive step to give our customers options now.

The steps to avoid blocking on your FordPass account are as follows:

1. Octopus have a record of all Ford customers and should have sent/be sending you an email asking for some further information– this step is essential and you must complete and return. If you haven’t received this you must contact Octopus to initiate.
2. This info forms an official record and will ensure your account is not locked in the future
3. The process can take up 2 business days currently so there is a risk within this period that accounts can be blocked, or an un-block undone
4. Once two business days has past if you haven’t been blocked you should be able to continue without issues.

5. if your account is blocked then you will need to contact the FordPass app team to initiate an unblock.

I hope this helps, and I would advise that anyone who is unhappy with the above process waits until the new year when we have the finalised version in place.

View solution in original post

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

All, if you are having issues getting the email from Octopus (mandatory step 1) you can access the form directly here. Please still follow the remaining steps I laid out above.

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75

Lennox476576
Experienced Driver

That’s great to hear - I’ve not had an email from Octopus and nothing in my Spam so will check with them before reconnecting my car !! 

Just discovered this thread - regrettably still ongoing. Octopus tell us no known fault and blame FordPass, and vice versa. I’m locked out of FordPass and my car charges when plugged in, not at cheap rate overnight. FordPass say it’ll take up to a week to unlock the app and that we’re likely to get locked out again until Octopus fix the fault, presumably with the Smartcar intermediary.

2022 Mach-e AWD ER

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, yes please check with them. The process at this point is a manual one so there may be a lag for newer customers with the risk of blocking if you haven't received the email from Octopus. We are working with them for options to automate this in the future. 

suleman_j
New Driver

I was using my Ford pass app with no issues for a whole year with octopus until last night I got this email that my account has been suspsended

today I called the Ford pass app team multiple times who re enabled my account and re assured me multiple times that I should be given the new process by octopus which would make sure that I should be able to use it with octopus app without issues now

i followed the process given by octopus in the afternoon and now once again my ford pass account has been suspended

before following the process I called the helpline twice to ask them if I should go ahead and do it and each time I was told and re assured that this time it will be fine as the issue has now been resolved beteeen Ford and octopus 

now what am I supposed to do??????

I have a car which I am unable to use and is as good as worthless

why did I spend £50,000 on this car when I am to be harassed by Ford and my account keeps getting. Blocked

i wasted my whole day on this todya and was unable to go to work todsy

if I miss my work again tomorrow because of this

i will hold Ford accountable for thjs

take some responsibility and solve this issue

you have charged £50,000 to purchase this car

who can I escalate this issue to?????

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi   - i am sorry that you are having issues. As I explained above this is an  interim process until we get official agreements in place with Octopus (hopefully the start of next year) due to this I must be transparent and say it could take a couple of days to be updated in the appropriate systems. You need to reply to the email the Octopus would have sent (which it looks like you have done) and to be sure wait 2 business days for the updates to happen and then contact the FordPass team who will re-initiate the unblock for you. If you are still experiencing issues after following this process please escalate here.