cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FordPass susspended

WD
New Driver
I learnt today 20.10.2023 that my FordPass App without any prior notice has been suspended due to a 3rd party app which I use Intelligent Octopus for charging my car. This is the main point to be able charge my EV car in cheap tariff times via a Scheule from Octopus. Ford will not reinstate the app unless I remove the 3rd party app. Can anyone help how to get around this issue please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, sorry this has happened to you. 

Please call our Guides on 01277 254745 (they're open from 10 am) and they can follow this up for you. 

Unfortunately, you will need to unlink Octopus from your FordPass account for now. 

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, sorry this has happened to you. 

Please call our Guides on 01277 254745 (they're open from 10 am) and they can follow this up for you. 

Unfortunately, you will need to unlink Octopus from your FordPass account for now. 

Community Moderator

I phoned the number suggested sbd the message was I must remove my Intelligent Octopus to get my FordPass reinstated. So I am not able to charge my MachE on cheap green energy that Octopus schedule. Is there a way around this ? 

raynfra
Learner Driver

I just had the same issue.  FordPass has been disabled due to my use of Intelligent Octopus app, so now I don't know how I should charge my car using cheap and green overnight power.  This is such a backwards step and right at the time Ford should be making it easier to run an EV, not more difficult.  This is my first, and last Ford.

My view is the same my first and last Ford. I think there is more to this than security and protecting the car as I have been charging my Mach E through Intellegent Octopus fir 19 months without any issues and now FordPass are are saying 3rd party app must be removed.