Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Octopus Tariff – Mach-E integration

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,
We know there has been a lot of talk around the Intelligent Octopus tariff and integrations with FordPass. We have been working behind the scenes with Octopus to produce a solution as we understand that it is frustrating to you. For those affected Octopus should have reached out to you via email asking for some further information - this step is needed in order for them to connect you and to avoid getting locked out of FordPass again in the future.

For those who haven't requested to have their FordPass access unrestricted you can do this via our customer relations centre HERE Or alternatively through FordPass in the help section under account. 

Note: If you haven’t received the email, or have any issues with Intelligent Octopus in general IT should be raised directly with them.

We are working on ways to improve this process in the future and will give an update here in the new year.

You may also be interested to hear that Ford and Octopus are also now working more closely on home install options as can be seen here.. Get an EV charger with Octopus Energy | Octopus Energy

More info here: https://www.ford.co.uk/hybrid-electric/charging/home-charging

FordPass Community Manager
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,
I just wanted to put a clarifying post for Intelligent Octopus customers. The process we recently put in place was done so through listening to your feedback. We had already been working with Octopus to come to a solution on this and that process has been progressing well; however there are still some steps to tackle to get this over the line which will hopefully be at the start of next year.

To address this in the meantime, and bridge the gap we have put in an optional interim process, although more manual, we felt that it was a positive step to give our customers options now.

The steps to avoid blocking on your FordPass account are as follows:

1. Octopus have a record of all Ford customers and should have sent/be sending you an email asking for some further information– this step is essential and you must complete and return. If you haven’t received this you must contact Octopus to initiate.
2. This info forms an official record and will ensure your account is not locked in the future
3. The process can take up 2 business days currently so there is a risk within this period that accounts can be blocked, or an un-block undone
4. Once two business days has past if you haven’t been blocked you should be able to continue without issues.

5. if your account is blocked then you will need to contact the FordPass app team to initiate an unblock.

I hope this helps, and I would advise that anyone who is unhappy with the above process waits until the new year when we have the finalised version in place.

View solution in original post

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

All, if you are having issues getting the email from Octopus (mandatory step 1) you can access the form directly here. Please still follow the remaining steps I laid out above.

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75

Lucy
New Driver

Hi Darren, incidentally we're still stuck in the middle of bugs in the FordPass-Octopus (mainly Octopus I feel). When the car is plugged in it charges immediately and until the batter is full, anytime of day. We discussed with Octopus who told us to apply the schedule function using our EO wall plug (not the in-car scheduler) between 23:30 and 05:30 which stopped it charging at peak tarriff. In the last week or two they've started limiting the times at low peak when the car can charge. For example, tonight I'll get just 2 hours of the possible 6 hours. Over the last days the amount of charge hasn't been enough and the battery was slowly depleting. I've no idea what's going on, but neither do Octopus. They've not told me to remove the EO scheduler but we did that a few days ago and the car merrily charged itself up at peak rate. It's all a bit of a pain...

Lucy
New Driver

Octopus still haven't fixed their control problems. They told us to use the scheduler on our EO wall charger between 23:30 and 05:30 and that's been OK. Recently Octopus have been rationing the output so we get maybe 2-3 hours per night of cheap power, despite their advertising unambiguously saying we get "six hours of cheap, green energy from 11.30 pm to 5.30 am every night at the super low rate of 7.5p per kWh". That simply isn't true.

They're now telling us to turn off the scheduler, which we've tried and the car immediately charges and continues to charge (at peak rate tarriff) until its full or we unplug. I've said we'll keep the scheduler enabled unless and until they guarantee to reimburse us for the extra cost.

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, yes this is likely an issue at their end. 

DanHunt
Learner Driver

Can you advise that this works with OVO too. 
thanks. 

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  - Octopus is the only energy supplier that we have an agreement with in terms of FordPass integration unfortunately.