cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Power-Up Software Update 6 Released (Updated April 15)

Rob
Staff
Staff

We are now beginning the roll out of Ford Power-Up 6 software updates to our customers in Europe.  Details of which can be found later in this post.

Please read this first for Ford Power-Up 6

To ensure a smooth delivery of these updates we strongly recommend:

1.  Please check your ‘Automatic Software Updates’ setting.  If you haven’t already done so, I recommend you switch this ‘on’.  To do this select the vehicle icon on your SYNC 4A screen > Settings > System Updates > Automatic Updates and turn this ON. This will help ensure that your vehicle is always up to date and ready for future updates.  If you choose to leave this option off, you will still be notified of each software update at which point you can accept or decline it. However, if you decline or defer a software update, or the notification expires, please note you will not receive any further updates until that update has been accepted.                           

2. Mach-E, Ranger & Bronco only. Some of our updates may require your vehicle to be switched-off, locked and not be used for a short period while a software update is installed.  Please go to your SYNC 4A screen > Settings > System Updates > Recurring Update Schedule and select a convenient time every day when your vehicle can be updated. If your vehicle is in use at any of those times, don’t worry, the installation will be postponed to the next available day and time in your schedule.

This is particularly important for Ford Power-Up 6 for Mustang Mach-E

The following is also very important to ensure undisrupted delivery:

3. All of the Ford Power-Up Software Updates in this and previous threads must be completed over-the-air and not via a Dealer or the Dealer tool.  Ford Power-Up Software Updates are always the most up-to date software versions available and having them delivered over-the-air ensures that you will continue to receive future updates smoothly.

4. We have been made aware of various spurious advice being given on various internet sites and discussion pages in relation to the successful downloading and installation of Ford Power-Up software updates.  In many instances, this advice may not have been provided by Ford or directly sanctioned by us, may have been incorrectly presented and be inaccurate, may require specific repair procedures to be followed, and may if improperly applied result in damage to your vehicle and future concerns in receiving software updates.  We strongly advise you to only follow advice provided directly by Ford or a Ford Authorised Repairer.

We deploy updates, when they become available, in batches across a period of time.  The vehicles selected for each batch will be chosen at random, so please don’t worry if you see someone online receive an update before you do, we haven’t forgotten you! It may take a few weeks for your updates to start arriving and there may also be a few weeks or more between each update.  Your car will need to be driven regularly in order to receive all of the updates, if you are away on your holidays or business without your car it’ll be alright and the updates will resume once you are back home and on the road again.

With the many factors involved in deploying software updates to a vehicle, in a small number of cases, it may take more than one attempt to successfully deploy an update.  If you do happen to receive an unsuccessful update please don’t panic, we will manage these situations remotely and ensure re-deployment happens, you won’t need to do anything.

Ford Power-Up Software Update 6 Summary

Please note:  Different vehicles and different model years may receive different updates due to different SYNC 4 systems and different vehicle content.

Some updates will be background updates. You will not notice any difference in your vehicle following these particular updates. These are essential to the continued smooth running of your vehicle’s connectivity, over-the-air functionality, and digital products and services such as FordPass.  They must all be installed in order to receive any subsequent updates and new features.

21MY Mustang Mach-E  - UPDATE SCHEDULE REQUIRED (see 2. above)

Ford Power-Up 6.1.0 – Background updates

Ford Power-Up 24-PU-0102-SVD-FX - Background updates

(for some customers this replaces 6.1.0, for those with 6.1.0 it arrives anytime before 6.4.0)

Ford Power-Up 6.2.1 – SYNC updates (see next section for details)

Ford Power-Up 6.3.0 - Background updates

Ford Power-Up 6.4.0 - Background updates

Ford Power-Up 23-PU1119-HV-BAT - Background updates 

(only a small number of vehicles require this update and most will not receive it)

Ford Power-Up 23-PU1113-UNX-DC - Background updates

Ford Power-Up 6.5.0 - Heating & Ventilation updates (see next section for details)

Ford Power-Up 24-PU0102-CHG-SUFX - Powertrain updates (see next section for details)

Ford Power-Up 23-PU0110-RAD-PS - Audio Control update (See next section for details)  *NEW

22MY Mustang Mach-E - UPDATE SCHEDULE REQUIRED (see 2. above)

(for some customers this replaces 6.1.0, for those with 6.1.0 it arrives anytime before 6.4.0)

Ford Power-Up 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE - SYNC updates (see next section for details)

Ford Power-Up 6.4.0 - Background updates

(this update can arrive anytime after 6.3.0 and in-between any subsequent updates)

Ford Power-Up 6.5.0 - Heating & Ventilation updates (see next section for details)

Ford Power-Up 24-PU0102-CHG-SUFX - Powertrain updates (see next section for details)

Ford Power-Up 23-PU0110-RAD-PS - Audio Control update (See next section for details)  *NEW

23MY Mustang Mach-E

Ford Power-Up 6.2.0 – SYNC updates (see next section for details)

Ford Power-Up 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE - SYNC updates (see next section for details)

(this update can arrive anytime after 6.3.0 and in-between any subsequent updates)

23MY Bronco  

Ford Power-Up 4 and 5 details can be found HERE

Ford Power-Up 3 details can be found HERE

Ford Power-Up Software Update 6 Details

For easier reading, I’m excluding background updates and am only providing details of software updates with notable driver content.

See summary above for applicable vehicles for each Ford Power-Up

Ford Power-Up 6.2.0 / Ford Power-Up 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE / Ford Power-Up 6.2.1

Note:  23-PU1103-NAT-VCE is the latest version with minor background tweaks.  Mustang Mach-E Customers who have already received 6.2.0 will also receive this update.  Customers who have not received 6.2.0, will only receive 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE.  21MY Mustang Mach-e customers will only receive the 6.2.1 version.   The updates below are the same for either version.

This Ford Power-up brings several updates to SYNC for Mustang Mach-E:

• Charge Status Indicator enhancements (not applicable to 23MY).
  • Alarm Motion Sensor Update.  This update makes some adjustments to the alarm system to ensure that when the motion sensors are set to 'off', no motion is detected. Note: You can turn the motion sensors alarm OFF from both the vehicle settings screen and alert popup when you exit the vehicle. To access go to "Settings > Vehicle > Alarm System > Motion Sensors”
  • Charge Session Summary Update.  After a public charging session, your pop-up summary will now display your total charge time in hours and minutes, not seconds.
  • Software Updates Pre-Condition Alerts.  If your vehicle is unable to install a Ford Power-Up Software Update because of a Pre-Condition not being met (e.g. doors are unlocked instead of locked during installation), you will now receive a pop up informing you of this.  Where applicable, you will also receive a reminder of your next scheduled update (per your in-vehicle schedule). This will allow you to take the necessary steps to meet the Pre-Condition for your next scheduled update.
  • Minor enhancements for User Profiles.
  • Minor updates to Software Update functionality.

For 23MY Mustang Mach-E owners in the UK with BlueCruise, we have made another update to your SYNC screen and an update to BlueCruise Maps. In all instances where you previously will have seen "Hands-Free" in your SYNC screen you will now see "BlueCruise". We’ve also updated your Ford BlueCruise map expiration to help keep things running smoothly. These updates will not change the way that you use BlueCruise. 

Please note:  As this is a major update to SYNC, you may find a small number of settings reverting to default.  These may include your drive modes and automatic folding mirrors.  I would recommend that after this update, you check that these settings are as you require them.

Ford Power-Up 6.5.0

This update is for 21MY and 22MY Mach-E only (Job 1 and Job 2). It is an update to the heating and ventilation system that will make enhancements to the heating capability and the vehicle's handling of humidity and will help to reduce fogging in certain conditions.  

This update requires the vehicle's update schedule to be set (see point 2 at the start of this post).

Ford Power-Up  24-PU0102-CHG-SUFX

This update is for 21MY and 22MY Mach-E only (Job 1 and Job 2).  The noticeable changes listed below primarily apply to 21MY vehicles as 22MY onwards had these from factory.  There are further background updates which are applicable to all vehicles and are not listed below.

Note:  Some customers already had an earlier version of this software applied during the windscreen / panoramic roof service action.  This only applied to those customers who had the action completed quite late.  As a result some 21MY customers will already have these changes.  This answers earlier forum questions about why some early vehicles already had these.

• DC Fast Charging - Battery preconditioning.  Works in tandem with the car's navigation.  When you enter a DC fast charging station into your navigation system,  your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of the charging station. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in most weather.  It will be less effective in extreme temperatures.
  • EV Driving Range.  Enhancements have been made to the EV Driving range calculation.  Some customers may see this calculation also reset upon the update.
  • Charge port connection.  We've made some minor improvements to this connection.

Ford Power-Up 23-PU0110-RAD-PS - Audio Control update *NEW

This update is for 21MY and 22MY Mach-E only (Job 1 and Job 2).  It prevents customers from losing their radio presets following an over-the-air software update to any module.

294 REPLIES 294

Sam
Learner Driver

Great!! Ford has really pickedup speed in providing updates recently. Much appreciated. New UI in version 4 is excellent with camera button on top along with temp control with circular knob.👍

22MY Mustang Mach-E 

Only background update 6.1.0 is mentioned, hope to get 6.2.0 soon as well.

“Really picked up speed?”  Try being the owner of a job 1 car. Ford are racing straight through from 4.2.1.2 up to 6.1.0 for everyone but job 1 cars. Don’t ever be an early adopter of a Ford car because the faith you showed in a new product will be so unrewarded. 

@Rob its been a week now of developing other updates whilst it seems the “late addition” to MY21 software is probably still on a floppy disk in someone’s in tray. 

Ford couldn’t be any more disparaging to MY21 if they tried. 

Hi @shaun_inuk  We are working on the final changes required for 21MY as a priority. These changes were not expected and work is ongoing to release the updates quickly.  I can assure you that this work has never been left metaphorically 'in someone's in tray' and we are as keen to release these updates as you are to receive them.  As mentioned in previous responses, we treat all MY of Mustang Mach-E with equal priority and work on them in parallel.  The release timing for each MY can vary sometimes, depending on the different content for each, this can on occasion lead to some MYs being ahead of others for a short period of time.  

HSamwel
Skilled Driver

No PU6 for SYNC4 cars? Focus/Transit aren’t mentioned..

Focus ST MY2022.50 Mean Green