MusterBuster
Skilled Driver

Do you guys have any plans?

Anything you're working on?

Anything at all you can share?

6 REPLIES 6

AlanJohnsrud
Valued Contributor III

That's not something a company would ever openly discuss like that... 

Minnesota - 2022 Mustang Mach-E

@AlanJohnsrud wrote:

That's not something a company would ever openly discuss like that... 

That's... far from true. When you have an online community with an ideas board, it typically comes with at least some semblance of a product roadmap. What's the point in having community ideas if you're not going to signal which ones have been accepted/worked on/rejected?

Video games companies publish roadmaps. Tech companies publish roadmaps. I've even seen energy suppliers publish roadmaps for their apps.

I'd love to hear from Ford rather than just get naysaying.

AlanJohnsrud
Valued Contributor III

I've worked in tech for many many years. Including companies like Apple. If a company devices to share any details on upcoming products, it's generally an exception and NOT the rule. 

Roadmaps are considered proprietary so that other companies do not copy or beat you to market. This is a public domain, and not subject to any NDA. Therefore it's 100% acceptable for Ford to not state publicly any future plans. Which is what has been said previously in here, along with implied by not stating anything. (Also known as "No Comment.")

Expecting a company to release roadmaps on apps, or other products just because they have an online community is ridiculous. 

Minnesota - 2022 Mustang Mach-E

Ooooh twinsies! I too have worked in tech for years including companies like Sony. And had the complete opposite experience, where your public product roadmap is a selling point and not a weakness. 

But, the point is, I didn't come here to argue with you. I came to this online community which Ford created to have a dialogue with their customers, to ask if they have anything to share about the future of the product we both use. I think that's wholly reasonable given the context of Ford starting this conversation.