cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to submit feedback to Ford regarding faulty Power-Up software?

robi10101298
Skilled Driver

Hello,

I just received Ford Power-Up 4.2.2 for my Focus 2022 and I'm disappointed with this update(front speakers sometimes are not working, the resolution for this is to reset the head unit to Factory reset, driving modes not available- for this, I couldn't find a fix; Carplay/AA sound lag on fullscreen -  this is a big problem with no fix ), and also about the fact that Ford are releasing a software for America and after 6-7 months we're getting it in Europe and this is not OK...

They're also launching software with known issues  but they don't care, many users in America reported those issues and Ford released another update, but it looks like even if the update was faulty, Ford sent it to the European customers... 

2 REPLIES 2

AlanJohnsrud
Valued Contributor III

I totally understand the frustration, however there are some things to understand for power up updates from what you see online and for what the USA receives vs Europe. 

PowerUp versions are not the same between SYNC versions. For example, SYNC 4A is very different from SYNC 4. So you might see 4A on 6.x.x updates, but that doesn’t mean SYNC 4 is behind. So they are not comparable. Also there are regulation differences between the USA and Europe. This can very much cause updates to be delayed due to additional testing. This is why the USA will get new features before Europe on the majority of platforms.

With any software deployment there is bound to be fringe bugs or issues that affect a small number of users. It doesn’t mean the update should be stopped, especially if there is a high success rate. When searching online, you will not see users posting when the software is working just fine. You generally only see the small number of users who had an issue. It’s not a good way to determine widespread issues. It’s best to work with positive intent with Ford to fix the issues you’re experiencing. That’s always the best path for assistance.

Minnesota - 2022 Mustang Mach-E

Well, I'm not the only one who's having those kind of issues, that's the problem, there are a lot of people who are having the same issue with the same ford powerup version...So definitely Ford doesn't care about their customers..