cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto

MACH1906
New Driver

I have a Samsung phone and I'm having issues with Android Auto.  I can't connect to Android Auto unless my my phone is connected with my USB. I can't make outbound calls either.  It connects now with the USB but it routinely disconnects. I took my 2022 MACH-E GT into the dealer they ran scan assess my connections. They reproduced the issue but we're able to fix it. Is anyone else having similar issues? 

Isiah Austin, TX MACH-E GT
6 REPLIES 6

alexgorod
Experienced Driver

Do you have another phone to test if it's a phone or a car problem? Does your phone work as PAAK?

2021 Job2 Standard Range Premium AWD

Good questions. I have the Paak setup. Also, I haven't tried with another Samsung but it works perfectly w/ my wife's IPhone. 

Isiah Austin, TX MACH-E GT

Hi @MACH1906 - I've had this problem on my Mach E and Focus ST. Both times it has been the USB cable that's at fault, either because its transfer speed was not good enough or because it was not a data cable at all (and was a power only cable). Try out a few different USB cables and see if the problem persists 🙂

KElkhorn
Community Legend II

I have an Android (Galaxy 23 Ultra) and it was working reasonably well, then I took an EAP survey regarding connectivity, and a few days later I started having more frequent issues as described above. 

'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, '20 Escape Hybrid, '18 Expedition Max, '16 F-350, '73 Scout II