cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Power-Up Software Updates for a new car

Mtynas
Learner Driver

Hello,

in december bought Mach-E, and its Power-Up software on delivery was Ford Power-Up 3.5.2.1

Does it normal practice to deliver car with such old software?

Can I require dealer to update it free of charge?

Thank You for Your help

5 REPLIES 5

Rob
Staff
Staff

Hi @Mtynas  Assuming you are in Europe.  All Ford Power-Up Software Updates are delivered over-the-air and it is not normal practice for dealers to deliver these updates prior to sale.  In the absence of a specific warranty related repair with approved repair instructions from Ford, dealers do not provide software updates for free.  We currently deliver them over-the-air free of charge.

Over-the-air delivery uses the most up to date versions available and having them delivered over-the-air ensures that you will continue to receive future updates smoothly, without disruption.

Mtynas
Learner Driver

So at the moment update path is:

Ford Power-Up 3.5.2.1
Ford Power-Up 23-PU2001-PR-FX
Ford Power-Up 23-PU0205-PR-FX
Ford Power-Up 3.5.3.4
Ford Power-Up 3.5.4
Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.2
Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.1
Ford Power-Up 4.2.4
Ford Power-Up 5.1.1
Ford Power-Up 6.1.0
Ford Power-Up 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE
Ford Power-Up 6.3.0

Currently I drive car every day, auto updates are on, scheduled time is at 6am, then the car is at home where it always have connected wifi.

to get first update Ford Power-Up 3.5.2.1 ->Ford Power-Up 23-PU2001-PR-FX it taked 20days

So is it possible for my car till 2025 get all 2023 year updates over air? 😵

O I'm missing something?

Mtynas
Learner Driver

I'm in Europe. In USA there is 

Customer Satisfaction Program 21B36 Fine tuning Phone As A Key software

Customer Satisfaction Program 22B28 HVAC update to improve the heat capability at or below -15C/5F

Looks like they are covered since 3.6.2 and my car is far away from it...

teddy1967
New Driver

Don’t panic. I’m 2 years in to ownership and have just got up to 6.3.0. Nearly all of those significant updates have come through in the last few months and all of the problems that caused the delays seem to have been solved. If you have auto updates on you should start to see them come through pretty quickly. I have an update window set daily and in November and December I was seeing 2 completed updates a week sometimes.