cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Focus Sync 4 Updates ?

Daz-Focus
Skilled Driver

I’ve had my Ford Focus since October 2022 and absolutely love the car.

But I’ve seen one Sync 4 update which was released In Feb 2023 advising that Alexa would soon be coming in future updates and it’s now July 2023 and nothing has been delivered since.

I’ve read that the Mach E updates are coming through, but absolutely nothing at all for the Focus. 

Are we now a forgotten vehicle since Ford is retiring it in 2025?
are updates ever going to come through?

I know from the newer Focus with Sync 4 being delivered, there on a much higher revision and have better full screen Apple Car play,

so why is it it’s not been sent over the air to our cars?  If it’s already being put on new cars, there is no excuse that it needs a licence etc for our cars?

Any help, advise or even support in this would be great.

I would just like my Sync to be updated especially with Alexa and hopefully stop Sync crashing from time to time 🥺. 

thanks Daz. 

2 REPLIES 2

Rob
Staff
Staff

Hi @Daz-Focus .  I can assure you that we have not forgotten about Focus or Transit customers with SYNC4.  They will also be receiving Ford Power-Up 3 software updates and we are in the final stages of testing before releasing them.  These will deliver Alexa and Dual Phone Pairing. I will post details as soon as they become available.  

Daz-Focus
Skilled Driver

Thanks for coming back to me. 
This is great to hear. Sync 4 was a big thing for me in buying and waiting over year for the car to be delivered. 

I’ve had Sync 2 and 3 in other Ford cars, but I like the screen and functionality of Sync 4, especially for wireless apple car play and hopefully soon to be Alexa. 

I'm also really excited to try the Dual phone as this is a game changer especially having my work phone also connected at the same time. 

hopefully won’t Too long. 

thanks again.