cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Built-in activation

Aulander
Skilled Driver

I got a SYNC update at the dealer and now my Ford account - Connected services shows Alexa Built-in waiting for activation but no button to do it. On the SYNC screen no Alexa icon to touch.

Is there a way to activate Alexa?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aulander
Skilled Driver

I did a SYNC master reset and Alexa icon showed up, now Alexa Built-in is fully activated.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Thanks Aulander!

Just came from Dealer after FDRS software updates last week.

Even still I’m on

Version: 22177_Product Revision;473

🤔

I got SYNC version 22177 after OTA 22-PU0706-SCH-POPA, then I had a 15 GB update at the dealer and I got SYNC version 22228 plus all the most recent OTAs features up to Power-Up 3.6.1. You should check if this update is available for your VIN too.

Thanks for the info!  Interesting. My last OTA Power- Up  update show is OTA 22-PU0706-SCH-POPA,     Customer Service had me bring into the Dealer  last week for the recall 22P25  and included updating the IPC module.   

Dealer said updating anything else was chargeable.  I will look into if 3.6.1 is available for my MY21 Job1 
BTW:  Have you seen all the updates available in the USA.    Not only Alexa, but Netflix, YouTube, etc. with the 2023 Sync update coming! 

I had the update for free. It is not only 3.6.1 but a big 15 GB update that includes all the latest OTAs.

I think I know what’s up(?)Are you  perhaps in the USA?    If so you know the frustration,I’m in the UK  and this is the sad state of affairs here with  Ford, both with Customer Service and Technical Support from Ford for Mach-E’s purchases here. Lot’s of lip service, from untrained customer service agents, and virtually non-existent technical replies. We remain 12-18 months behind the USA.