cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issue - charger does not turn off... but only on 1 mach E, my other MME works fine

Plesh
Learner Driver

Hi,

We have two Mustang Mach e's.   They are both 2023.  1 is an extended range model (black) and the other is a GT performance model (white).

When the black MME is plugged in the car will charge perfectly, and stop at the present percentage BUT the charger doesnt turn off.   Also when plugged into this MME a charger handle depressed switch doesn't stop the charger as it should.

When the white MME is plugged into the same charger, everything works perfectly including the charger turning off when the preset percentage is achieved or when the button on the handle is depressed.  

Hey Ford..... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Joe 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Schox
Experienced Driver

Not like this - macheforum.com is mainly a US/NA user forum - but Ford Motor Company sometimes reply to users problem with this text:

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

But the userbase and owner knowledge there is good 

2 x Mustang Mach E LR AWD Premium MY22 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Schox
Experienced Driver

On the Charger handle? - there's no button on handle on the IEC 62196 Type 2 connector🤔

1000005160.jpg

Plesh
Learner Driver

Yes there is a button....  When pressed it is supposed to stop the charge.  It works on the MME GTP but not on my 2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium ER.....  It also worked well with our previous Escape Plug-in hybrid and the prior two Fusions PHEV...  it just this one MME that is driving me nuts.

Schox
Experienced Driver

This sounds like a Type 1 connector - or a NA (US/CA) connector type SAE J1772.

Since the MME never had a Type 1 connector in Europe - my guess is that this is about a NA MME - and in that case, you will sadly get very little help - as this is a forum run by Ford UK - and mainly focuses on the UK market, but also from time to time also help EU/European customers.

Try the MME forum, or your dealer, or some Ford support helpline for EV's (I believe there is a specific one for US EV customers that I have read about)

Plesh
Learner Driver

Is there a  US/NA community like this?  

Thanks

Joe