cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issue - charger does not turn off... but only on 1 mach E, my other MME works fine

Plesh
Learner Driver

Hi,

We have two Mustang Mach e's.   They are both 2023.  1 is an extended range model (black) and the other is a GT performance model (white).

When the black MME is plugged in the car will charge perfectly, and stop at the present percentage BUT the charger doesnt turn off.   Also when plugged into this MME a charger handle depressed switch doesn't stop the charger as it should.

When the white MME is plugged into the same charger, everything works perfectly including the charger turning off when the preset percentage is achieved or when the button on the handle is depressed.  

Hey Ford..... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Joe 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Schox
Experienced Driver

Not like this - macheforum.com is mainly a US/NA user forum - but Ford Motor Company sometimes reply to users problem with this text:

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

But the userbase and owner knowledge there is good 

2 x Mustang Mach E LR AWD Premium MY22 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Schox
Experienced Driver

Not like this - macheforum.com is mainly a US/NA user forum - but Ford Motor Company sometimes reply to users problem with this text:

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

But the userbase and owner knowledge there is good 

2 x Mustang Mach E LR AWD Premium MY22 

gustaverasmus
Passenger

Hi, while I don't have a solution, I have a similar problem. Were you able to find any solution or explanation? (Short of physically unplugging the car to prevent it from consuming more electricity)

TSB 24-2141 - needs to be applied. Exterior Blue Charge Status Indicator Segments Flashing And High Voltage Battery Continues To Charge After Preset Charge Target Percentage Has Been Met While Using Level 1 Or Level 2 Charger.

I am having this done tomorrow morning... I will let you know how it goes.