cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frunk opening unintentionally

kbuicker
Experienced Driver

Hey guys, my 22 Lightning's door was open slightly, so used my keypad to unlock, open the door and re-close it, then locked it using the keypad bottom two buttons. All good until the frunk decided to open, in the garage with zero-clearance. Scraped the drywall and hit my charger. Not good. Manual says, to release the frunk, enter your 5-digit-code, then within 5-seconds press 7-8 button. 

I always lock my truck by pressing the bottom two buttons (since I use PAAK). Guess I need to use the black button on the door handle instead. This seems like a keypad problem. 

*****Does anyone know a vinyl (adhesive) that matches the frunk color? Maybe a thin strip across the bottom will cover all of this problem.Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 11.32.28 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kbuicker
Experienced Driver
ok, I found a vinyl that is pretty darn close! $10 for a 1' x 5' roll . It's called  VViViD XPO Matte Gunmetal Vinyl 4.3mil Wrap Roll - 12" x 5ft on Amazon. I can lay a larger area on the grill once I see how this swatch survives the car wash etc. For now, this is how I will leave it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kbuicker
Experienced Driver
ok, I found a vinyl that is pretty darn close! $10 for a 1' x 5' roll . It's called  VViViD XPO Matte Gunmetal Vinyl 4.3mil Wrap Roll - 12" x 5ft on Amazon. I can lay a larger area on the grill once I see how this swatch survives the car wash etc. For now, this is how I will leave it.