cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach - e ota updates

chris200100
Community Legend

@Ikenna 

Can we have an update on when us with 21 and 22 Mach e’s are going to have updates to the software. 
after having a drive in a 23my one on the weekend with blue cruise the difference in the software is unbelievable and I’m comparing uk model years.

There are lots of missing features on my Mach e that I would like due to not having any updates since last year. 
no Alexa, no frunk button, no games etc 

also with bluecruise when it does come to the older Mach e’s like what Ford USA did why are we only having a 90 day trial not the year the USA had. 
it’s a bit cheeky of Ford to give us only 90 days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @chris200100  Thank you for your questions and feedback.  Going back to your original question about availability of updates for 21MY and 22MY vehicles.  The software packages for Mach-E in Europe are often different from the base North American package, resulting in incremental work for us to ready them for deployment in Europe (including the UK).  As different MY Mach-E can also have some variances from each other, this can also create incremental work.  In the case of Alexa, which is the next major feature update, the packages are significantly different and it's taking us more time to get this ready.   We are working to release this as soon as possible.  We are also working now to ready the reminder of the Ford Power-Up 3 Series in Europe.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Subs_Support

Hi @chris200100 , The latest Mach-E models (MY23) are BlueCruise capable straight away as they have the latest software levels as a fresh install from the factory which has been calibrated with the vehicle hardware as one complete system from day one. With previous Mach-E models, a number of significant actions are needed to bring all elements together in the same way via over-the-air updates (Ford Power-Up). The obvious safety considerations for this feature also mean that we need to satisfy the appropriate authorities and seek specific approval from the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) for BlueCruise on pre-MY23 vehicles which is separate from the existing approvals that we have. We are committed to doing all we can to make it happen as we understand the value and desire of customers. Due to the complexities mentioned, it wouldn't be appropriate to predict timing at this point although as soon as we are able to we will in this space.

Regarding the free trial period, we offer a different business model in GB compared to the US. Part of that model was to be able to offer subscription products enabling customers to pause and resume their BlueCruise service without long-term commitments which is why the free trial is a different period of time.

Ford needs to get their act together as the Mach e was sold as a car that would be updated to the latest software and we can clearly see this is not Happening here in the uk.

There is a massive difference between model years here in the uk regards to software level this should not be the case. 

the Mach e is a fantastic car it’s just being let down by the lack of progress from fords in the uk on the software updates that are promised. 
Ford’s US can seem to do it why can’t the Uk/Europe and don’t give us the excuse of different regulations as I’m not comparing US software levels to UK I’m comparing UK to UK as I do understand that different countries have different regulations.

Hi @chris200100  Thank you for your questions and feedback.  Going back to your original question about availability of updates for 21MY and 22MY vehicles.  The software packages for Mach-E in Europe are often different from the base North American package, resulting in incremental work for us to ready them for deployment in Europe (including the UK).  As different MY Mach-E can also have some variances from each other, this can also create incremental work.  In the case of Alexa, which is the next major feature update, the packages are significantly different and it's taking us more time to get this ready.   We are working to release this as soon as possible.  We are also working now to ready the reminder of the Ford Power-Up 3 Series in Europe.

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Hello @Rob

Hmmm Your reply above seems to say things has changed since Blog post  On 18 Jan, @Ikenna  quoting you.   

When will we be receiving our next Ford Power-Up Software Updates? 

We are about to launch the Ford Power-Up 3 series in Europe, which will bring Alexa Built-In to selected markets where it is offered by Amazon. This roll-out will require several Ford Power-Up Software Updates and the release notes issued with each update related to Alexa will advise on progress towards completion. You can find out more here Stay Connected with Ford Connectivity Technology | Ford UK

In line with N.A., we are also working on bringing some updates to the SYNC 4A interface, which we provisionally expect to arrive in the Ford Power-Up 4 series in Europe during the first half of 2023.” 

——————————-

Therefore as I hope you can understand, myself and many, if not most 21-22 MY MME Owners are very concerned, and we feel very frustrated and let down, and neglected by Ford Motor Company especially after our large investment in Ford when purchasing our Mach-Es, under the pretence of lots of unkept promises! It appears to us  all efforts are concentrated on selling 2023s?

Nevertheless, I keep hoping to be proven wrong and persist in trying to get more accurate information. I sincerely want to trust that you can please help us get this sorted for us through the proper channels you and your team hopefully have access to.

- Thank you 🙏🏻