cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORD BRINGS HANDS-FREE DRIVING TECHNOLOGY TO MOTORWAYS IN GREAT BRITAIN WITH BLUECRUISE

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've become the first automaker to introduce “hands-off, eyes-on” advanced driver assistance technology approved for pre-mapped motorways in Great Britain.

Check out our video to get a look at how it works. 

We've put together some FAQs which you can view here: BlueCruise FAQs - FordPass Community

To keep track of where you can use hands-free driving, you can use our interactive map Ford Bluecruise Map For Hands-Free Driving | Ford UK

And if you'd like to see what some other people think of BlueCruise: 

Nick Dixon on Twitter: "Hands free driving on the M11. This @forduk technology only works on motorwa...

This post will be updated throughout the day.

Community Moderator
1 REPLY 1

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

we wanted to add some further clarity  on BlueCruise availability pre-MY23 vehicles. 

The reason why latest vehicles have BlueCruise straight away is that the latest Mach-E models (MY23) are BlueCruise capable from factory production which has enabled us to calibrate the latest software and hardware within the vehicle as one complete system before sale.

We are excited that BlueCruise has been so well received and are aware that there is customer interest for these updates to be made available for prior model-year vehicles. We intend to make this happen so are assessing how we can deliver these major updates to prior model year vehicles and ensuring that they meet any additional regulatory requirements. 

At this stage, we are not in a position to predict timing so please use these thread for discussion and updates. 

Note: any solution for BlueCruise will be subject to hardware compatibility i.e. either AWD vehicle or RWD with Tech Pack or Tech Pack Plus.

FordPass Community Manager