cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach-e EV DATA Missing, Blue Oval nightmare, & other Issues

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Hello FPCommunity.

Now nice to find this forum for UK owners & with such responsible replies to issues.

I have a

2021 Mach-e AWD ER, Build1 02/02/21 Reg 1/7/21  SYNC4a PowerUp 2.7.1 Ford Pass 4.18.1 on Iphone 12 iOS 15.6 

I have been having Ford Pass issues that I have been trying to get some answers to since March 22.  I have case no.s and over 100 emails back & forth with fpgbr@ford.com, esalesuk@ford.com, ukbev@ford.com, getting past from pillar to post for months without getting answers. Other than ‘still waiting on a reply from IT’,  have you updated to latest version app?’  ‘Do a master reset on Sync4a, remove vehicle from app. reinstall app, re add vehicle…”

It has been the most consistently incredibly shocking Customer Service of my life! I have gone all the way to managers with only the same hair pulling apparently incompetent, often patronising, replies without any resolutions.😱

Finding this FPcommunity site seems my only hope for some actual information! 🙏🏻

I am hoping perhaps someone here can help enlighten me with mainly what is FordPass frustration!

Firstly, I began reporting from previous versions that the My Journeys section, called EV DATA,  does not display any data  “ You have no previous trip events to view”  The Journeys tile was removed and EV Driving is now under Vehicle >Charging 

6F22E91E-D410-45C1-89C3-BB9169E849B0.jpeg

 I have learned from USA forums that this is common with only Build1 vehicles before July21.  

EV Data recorded would be very helpful as relevant Trip Data in car gets reset after each stop & start.

2) On 30 June I received msgs in FP that my 1yr Premium Blue Oval Subscription was ending.  I only got error msgs when trying to renew it. 

I phoned FordPass UK and agent needed to make enquiries. He came back in assured me that it was only the one-year premium trial that will expire in my five year complimentary blue oval would remain. I explained I was going on a trip abroad and needed to use my registered FordPass RFID card on the BlueOval Network. 

On 1 July I received a Fo message while on the Ferry that my entire Blue Oval Network was cancelled. It was no longer in my FP app nor my online account. There was no way to add it or renew it.  Calling & msgs to FPGBR we’re unable to provide any information as to why this happened. Then I was told that Ford pass was no longer handling any support issues at all for any app related concerns for the Mach-e. All these were redirected to the EsalesUK mach-e team, and with almost daily contact there were no answers or solutions. even help me do a master reset and app removal and reinstallation again . not fun while on holiday and having to reset everything . I remained with a blue over connectivity for over a month and for my entire trip.  Finally the option appeared on subscription section of the App to add it again.  Now Ionity & BPpulse premium are a paid mo, upgrade available.  FORD still has not been able to offer any reason or apology for why this happened(?) So warning to other Mach-e owners on your 1year anniversary! 

3) It is frustrating that FP connection to vehicle is not current and often hard to renew & update, requiring remote start /stop refresh. Lock/ Unlock works but will not refresh, especially if you car fell asleep msg appears. I notice it often does not refresh even when connected to the car by Bluetooth or USB (with or without Apple Carplay connected).

If it refreshes it does, but does not stay connected.  Other vehicle apps remain live when connected, like (T)

But since 4.17 FP no longer shows as with Ford Pass icon in Sync4 tray when properly connected to the vehicle. Further SYNC4 Car >Settings >Vehicle >Mobile Apps > The mobile apps radio button is now grayed out, and shows my phone app is not recognised. Previous under early versions my Ford Pass was only App. Now it doesn’t show connectivity. 

All Vehicle Connectivity buttons are all ON! 

E19002DA-A978-4F39-8AED-A5F9498BC3CE.jpeg

Thank you very much for listening and for any replies with some explanations.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Well I haven’t seem any further replies about this The MISSING ‘My EV Data’ from Build1 Mach-Es (before July 21) App reporting, 

You have no previous journeys to view

Well after weekly messages to Mach-e Customer Support with UKBEV etc, since March 2022, and being passed through 7 different agents including managers, all saying we are (still)waiting for a reply from Tech”  there are about 75 emails! I finally got a reply a couple weeks ago, to arrange a booking with a Dealer to update the IPC MODULE and let them know my booking details by reply to coordinate with the EV Technician what needs to be done. 

Finally last week the issue was solved!  

After  IPC module needs to UPDATED via 

FDRS.  

NOTE: This can be done by a Dealer under Warranty ONLY if it is pre-approved by Ford Customer Service otherwise it is chargeable!  

At time I took my car in it took another 3 phone calls to Mach-e Support after the 

The Dealer  insisted it was chargeable unless they received warranty authorisation code!  Mach-e support did not know how to do this. 

At the same time I had  RECALL 22P25 Done is is approved for Warranty already on the system.

Before going in I had a Technician run a remote check on my VIN on his FDRS Account: 

These are all the outstanding Software Updates Available for my 2021.

All these are chargeable updates but they did do my IPC module after it was eventually approved. 

CDBEBE46-C228-4594-9EC8-FE3699189314.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello and welcome to the Community @JasIII. I'll message you privately to get some more info from you. 

On the missing EV Driving Data, the team is aware of this issue and is also investigating. My aim is to update the Community when this is fixed.

Community Moderator

DaveC
Skilled Driver

I have all three of these issues.

I have posted the EV Journey issue on here but had no response.

I must say this is unusual because, even though little gets done, they nearly always give you a ‘holding’ position.

Ford are not a software company and boy does this show.

I know of people who do have the EV Journey working and it is very, very useful.

The fact that the forum administrators are ignoring these posts probably highlights the woeful lack of IT experience in Ford.

Lets hope they can employ someone who knows what they are doing soon!

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DaveC, apologies for not getting a response. I've told other users on here with the EV Driving Data issue to get in touch with our Guides (via chat in the app) so cases can be raised. This helps bring attention that it is a broader issue. In the meantime, it has also been escalated and some users contacted for their details so it can looked into.  

Community Moderator

DaveC
Skilled Driver

I did this last time I raised this. The ‘guide’ gave me some rubbish excuse about it not being available to anyone.

When I told him I knew it was he said it’s linked to external charging and that’s why I have no data.

I told him I know this is not the case. He then said there was nothing else he could suggest!

This passing back and forth with no solution just highlights the IT incompetence in Ford at present.