cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kuga PHEV Intelligent Speed Limiter

DaveA
Learner Driver

One for the software engineers. My Intelligence Speed Limiter is not so intelligent. It picks up lower speed limits from adjacent or joining roads and slows the car down accordingly. Whilst driving on  a 30mph road and passing a 20mph zone on the left it suddenly slows the car to 20 for 100 yards or so. Also have the same in on a 40 mph road  with a joining 60 mph minor road allowing car to accelerate unlawfully.  I think it’s picking up from the Sat Nav rather than the road signs. Anyway it’s annoyingly unintelligent. Can this be fixed please @ford sync 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chris200100
Community Legend

@DaveA 

I don’t believe it uses any info from the sat nav for intelligent cruse or limiter it’s purely on sign recognition.

unfortunately if the sign can be seen by the car it will read it, I get this in a few places where I’m living due to poor road sign placement and roads running parallel to the road I’m on.
The car doesn’t know the difference it just sees the sign, now if it did use the satnav as well it might work better.

I’ve turned both off and just use normal adaptive cruse or the normal speed limiter. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

chris200100
Community Legend

@DaveA 

I don’t believe it uses any info from the sat nav for intelligent cruse or limiter it’s purely on sign recognition.

unfortunately if the sign can be seen by the car it will read it, I get this in a few places where I’m living due to poor road sign placement and roads running parallel to the road I’m on.
The car doesn’t know the difference it just sees the sign, now if it did use the satnav as well it might work better.

I’ve turned both off and just use normal adaptive cruse or the normal speed limiter. 

Thank you Chrus. That makes sense. Il report to the local council and police. If ISL is the way ahead signage must be up to the job. 

@DaveA 

Good luck with the council don’t think they will do much and the police have no say at all. 
be careful though especially with the police as the intelligent cruse and limiter is a driver aid nothing more and you still have to be in FULL control of the vehicle and able to take control at anytime. 

Aulander
Skilled Driver

@DaveA

That happens to me too, but it's a normal behaviour due to the speed sign sensor range as described in the Ford manual speed sign recognition.

limit.jpg