cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the speed limit always wrong at some specific points?

joymyr
Experienced Driver

I have some specific points where the speed limit is always set to 100 km/h, but the actual speed limit is 80 km/h. And I have no idea why. 100 km/h is not a common speed limit in Norway, at least no where near these positions. Another thread pointed me in the direction of mapcreator.here.com, but the speed limits are correct there. Also, the car seems to read speed signs correctly. What other systems is used for setting the speed limit? It seems to be based on coordinates, but not from Here.

2 REPLIES 2

AlanJohnsrud
Valued Contributor III

It's because the data from HERE / Tomtom is incorrect. That is who Ford uses for its mapping data. Sadly it's also the case here in North America where is it just wrong in many places. Thats why the camera will override the map data when it sees a sign. 

Minnesota - 2022 Mustang Mach-E

joymyr
Experienced Driver

But when checking the data at HERE (mapcreator.here.com), everything is correct. So if that's what they're using, it must be really outdated. It would be nice if they could just tell us where they get the data from, and allow us to report errors. In near future cars is required to set the max speed to the speed limit, or at least auto-enable LIM at start, and then it can't be this bad.