cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Power-Up 4 and Ford Power-Up 5 Released (Updated March 4)

Rob
Staff
Staff

We are now rolling out Ford Power-Up 4 and 5 software updates to our customers in Europe.  Details of these can be found later in this post.

Please read this first

To ensure a smooth delivery of these updates we strongly recommend:

1. Please check your ‘Automatic Software Updates’ setting.  If you haven’t already done so, I recommend you switch this ‘on’.  To do this select the vehicle icon on your SYNC 4A screen > Settings > System Updates > Automatic Updates and turn this ON. This will help ensure that your vehicle is always up to date and ready for future updates.  If you choose to leave this option off, you will still be notified of each software update at which point you can accept or decline it. However, if you decline or defer a software update, or the notification expires, please note you will not receive any further updates until that update has been accepted.

1. Mach-E, Ranger & Bronco only. Some of our updates may require your vehicle to be switched-off, locked and not be used for a short period while a software update is installed.  Please go to your SYNC 4A screen > Settings > System Updates > Recurring Update Schedule and select a convenient time every day when your vehicle can be updated. If your vehicle is in use at any of those times, don’t worry, the installation will be postponed to the next available day and time in your schedule.

The following is also very important to ensure undisrupted delivery:

1. All of the Ford Power-Up Software Updates in this thread must be completed over-the-air and not via a Dealer or the Dealer tool.  Ford Power-Up Software Updates are always the most up-to date software versions available and having them delivered over-the-air ensures that you will continue to receive future updates smoothly.

1. We have been made aware of various spurious advice being given on various internet sites and discussion pages in relation to the successful downloading and installation of Ford Power-Up software updates.  In many instances, this advice may not have been provided by Ford or directly sanctioned by us, may have been incorrectly presented and be inaccurate, may require specific repair procedures to be followed, and may if improperly applied result in damage to your vehicle and future concerns in receiving software updates.  We strongly advise you to only follow advice provided directly by Ford or a Ford Authorised Repairer.

We deploy updates, when they become available, in batches across a period of time.  The vehicles selected for each batch will be chosen at random, so please don’t worry if you see someone online receive an update before you do, we haven’t forgotten you! It may take a few weeks for your updates to start arriving and there may also be a few weeks or more between each update.  Your car will need to be driven regularly in order to receive all of the updates, if you are away on your holidays or business without your car it’ll be alright and the updates will resume once you are back home and on the road again.

With the many factors involved in deploying software updates to a vehicle, in a small number of cases, it may take more than one attempt to successfully deploy an update.  If you do happen to receive an unsuccessful update please don’t panic, we will manage these situations remotely and ensure re-deployment happens, you won’t need to do anything.

Ford Power-Up Software Update 4 & 5 Summary

Please note:  Different vehicles and different model years may receive different updates due to different SYNC 4 systems and different vehicle content.

Many updates are background updates. You will not notice any difference in your vehicle following these particular updates. These are essential to the continued smooth running of your vehicle’s connectivity, over-the-air functionality, and digital products and services such as FordPass.  They must all be installed in order to receive any subsequent updates and new features.

21MY Mustang Mach-E

Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.2 – Background updates

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.1 – SYNC UI, Games, iACC tolerances (See final section)

Ford Power-Up 4.2.4 – Background updates 

Ford Power-Up 5.1.1 – Background updates 

Ford Power-Up 4 and 5 COMPLETED FOR THIS MY

22MY Mustang Mach-E

Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.2 – Background updates

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.1 – SYNC UI, Games, iACC tolerances (See final section)

23MY Mustang Mach-E

Ford Power-Up 4.1.2.1 – Background updates

Ford Power-Up 4.1.2.2 – SYNC camera icon in header bar

Ford Power-Up 4.2.1 – Background updates

Note:  Please check your Automatic Software Update Settings after 4.2.1.

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.2 – Background updates

22.5MY Focus with SYNC 4

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2 - Minor updates to OTA settings and Apple Airplay in SYNC 

Ford Power-Up 4 and 5 COMPLETED FOR THIS MY (There were no Ford Power-Up 5 updates)

23.25MY Focus with SYNC 4

Ford Power-Up 23-PU2001-PR-FX – SYNC update to improve large file handling

22.5MY Transit with SYNC 4

23.25MY Transit with SYNC 4

23.25MY Bronco  

Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.1 – Background updates

Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.2 - Background Updates

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.1 - SYNC update to improve large file handling *NEW

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.3 - Minor updates to SYNC *NEW

Ford Power-Up 4.2.3 - Background updates *NEW

Ford Power-Up 4 and 5 COMPLETED FOR THIS MY (There were no Ford Power-Up 5 updates)

Ford Power-Up 3 details can be found HERE

Ford Power-Up Software Update 4 & 5 Details

For easier reading, I’m excluding background updates and am only providing details of software updates with notable driver content.  

See summary above for applicable vehicles for each Ford Power-Up

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.1

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.1 brings several significant updates to SYNC:

• 2 new games:  Bridge Battle and Parking Lot.
  • A new modern design for your user interface.  This includes:
    • Control of cabin temperature, fan speed and heated seats using the volume knob.
    • Refinements to the home screen to improve navigation of the screen.
    • New Status Bar icons to help you find selected features more easily.
    • Consolidated settings and Controls to more easily select, for example, drive modes.
    • Personal Profile, easily accessible from the status bar.
    • Improvements to the Software Update feature to enable more flexible scheduling.
  • Revisions to iACC tolerance settings, following changes made in Ford Power-Up 3

Please note:  As this is a major update to SYNC, you may find a small number of settings reverting to default.  These may include your drive modes and automatic folding mirrors.  I would recommend that after this update, you check that these settings are as you require them.

363 REPLIES 363

shaun_inuk
Skilled Driver

It says first to expect is 4.2.1.2. 

any clues at what is to follow, what we should look out for and a timescale? Ta

With regards to the v3 updates, they were pretty good at announcing it when they started deploying it. Although to a small subset at first, and then broader after that. 

Hi @shaun_inuk The next updates will the the first Ford Power-Up 4 Updates for 23MY Mustang Mach-E and these are about to be released. After that, we are preparing some further updates for all MY, the details of which will be released as soon as they are ready to go.  In general, for Ford Power-Up 4 you may see slightly longer intervals between software updates than you did with Ford Power-Up 3.  

Any update on release for MY21 vehicles?