cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some FordPass features will be discontinued...

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are planning major improvements to FordPass this year to enhance the app’s performance and customer experiences in the long term. 

As part of this, we are removing some features but will continue to support and improve all of our most popular features such as remote vehicle starting and unlocking as complimentary features.’

Q&A:

Q: What is AppLink for FordPass?

A: AppLink is a framework that allows a deep link from the SYNC system in your car to the FordPass app. Specific features such as 'Journeys' and 'Send to Vehicle' rely on AppLink to work. The AppLink connection is initiated via USB, phone to the vehicle.

Q: Which EU models are affected?

A: All vehicle lines will be affected by this change. All non-connected vehicle lines will see the most reduction in features. (a Non-connected vehicle is one that doesn’t have  FordPass Connect )

Q: Which features are affected?

A: 

Fuel Report 

Live Traffic

Vehicle Health Alerts

Oil Level

Fuel Level

Milestones

Tyre Pressure

Odometer

However if you have FordPass Connect  then you will still have these features.

Q: What are the most popular features on FordPass that will be lost?

A: Journeys and Fuel Report are the most popular features on the app that will no longer be available to users.

Q: Have you reached out to EU customers regarding this?

A: We sent communications to all customers on 16th May via an in-app message.

Q: Does the removal of find Parking and Fuel affect my ability to find chargers (Mach-E Only)? 

A: No, find Charging points will remain in the Map feature. It’s only finding fossil (traditional) fuel stations that are being removed. Helping Mach-E owners find charging stations with useful filters (speed, within BlueOval Charge Network) remains a top priority for the app.

Q: Does the removal of Journeys mean I no longer have the ability to plan my trips (Mach-E Only)?

A:  EV Trip Planner will stay in the app, so you can still pre-plan your journeys. Trip Planner is a separate feature from Journeys. 

Q: I am correct in thinking I can no longer send a destination to the vehicle? 

A:  On all vehicles excluding Mach-E this is correct. For Mach-E specifically, users have similar send to vehicle capability through Trip Planner which will remain. Mach-e drivers will also still be able to find chargers.

Here are some other links to help.

How do I get started with FordPass Connect? - FordPass Community

How can I activate FordPass Connect? - FordPass Community

FordPass Community Manager
7 REPLIES 7

Ianmarcho
Learner Driver

Hi, I got the above message 'in App' recently and was disappointed to see that 'Journeys' was being removed.  I really liked this feature and have already noticed my 'journeys' are no longer reported on the Fordpass App.  I note that you state they will be in 'FordPass Connect' (is that correct?) and if so is that another Ford App I will need?  I have 'Fordpass' and 'Fordpass Pro' already?  My Mach E is a February 2021 build and I took delivery in June 2021.
I would appreciate your reply on how I can view my 'journeys' again.
Thank you
Ian

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ianmarcho ,

Journeys will be discontinued shortly for all of our vehicles. FordPass connect refers to the connectivity status of the car i.e. a vehicle that has it is 'connected' which in your instance is true as a Mach-E owner. Although Journeys will be no longer available Trip Planner remains for Mach-E which although isn't the same functionality, it offers some similar features.  

axe010170
Learner Driver

I can no longer stay connected to Live Traffic. Every time my phone locks it disconnects from live traffic. It's only been doing this since Applink was discontinued. Any ideas?

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

All, as you may have seen we recently took the hard decision of removing the Fuel Report functionality in FordPass; I would like to explain some of the reasons why. Firstly I personally liked Fuel Report so can understand the disappointment of its removal. From a customer perspective, I get that it may look like we are scaling back; but the company has done this for longer-term development purposes. As the app and connectivity in general has grown, and with the expansion of EVs with a richer feature set, it has become clear that we need to ensure the stability of FordPass for our customers. Taking these features out gives the development team the ability to focus on the reliability and stability of our core features as well as making foundations stronger for future  enhancements. As soon as we have more details about new FordPass features we will let you all know.