cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is that Blue Cruise I see on the horizon?

shaun_inuk
Skilled Driver

@Darren  @Ikenna @Rob 

happy new year to you, I note that MY21 & M22 are doing some catch up to MY23 by getting 6.4.0, 6.5.0 and beyond in the not too distant future, whereas MY23 are in a hiatus whilst the earlier cars catch up.  The inevitability of catching up is that on the whole all features should be equal. 

can you answer me one simple honest question? In testing have you successfully had a MY21/22 operating Blue Cruise in the UK? 

2 REPLIES 2

Rob
Staff
Staff

Hi @shaun_inuk 

Happy New Year.

We do not publically discuss our testing or product plans, so I can't answer your question directly.

As I know this is a subject of particular interest for Mustang Mach-E customers, I will update you on where we are at.  It is still our desire to deploy our BlueCruise technology on eligible pre-2023 MY Mustang Mach-E vehicles in European approved markets (currently UK, Germany and Spain) and we continue to work on how we can achieve that using over-the-air software updates.  The work involved is extensive and we continue to make good progress in this work.  We are still in a position where we cannot predict timing at this stage and will provide updates when available.

DaveC
Skilled Driver

Response from @Rob is probably what you expected.

As our cars were sold to us as ‘Blue Cruise’ compatible (just awaiting UK legislation) I fail to see what the problem is!

Either Ford mis sold us our cars and they weren’t ’Blue Cruise’ compatible, or, Ford mis sold us our cars and they aren’t ’Blue Cruise’ compatible!

All this software excuse seems like garbage to me unless @Rob  can explain why our cars are different?