cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FordPass 5.0.1 - Can't use remote start; slide always shows "Slide to Turn off"

bambam
Learner Driver

Since I updated to Ford Pass 5, the slide to remotely turn on my car never worked. It always say 'Slide to Turn off Vehicle' even if my car is off and even after force exiting the app. I reverted to the old version of the app and was able to use the remote start but the other day I was forced to use the new version again. I just updated to 5.0.1 hoping this is fixed but it's not.

Range has always been showing as 0m. The only use I have for this app is the remote lock/unlock but otherwise, it's useless.

33 REPLIES 33

BTW it’s summer now and getting very hot. What is the ETA to this solution?

Norine
Learner Driver

I find that when I remote start with my key fob the app works to turn the vehicle off. They start again with key fob and the app works. But once I use the in cabin push start button to start vehicle the app becomes stuck on “slide to turn off vehicle”. So, right now I can start the vehicle with my phone app. Could you check if that also happens for you?

Norine
Learner Driver

IMG_1062.png

 Photo to support my previous message.

furryfennec
Learner Driver

Same problem on 2018 Escape Titanium.

I find that Scheduled Remote Starts works, but that is not as convenient as remote start from main screen when you think about the need to remote start your vehicle. I have yet to try the suggestion with FOB from @Norine.