cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FordPass 5.0.1 - Can't use remote start; slide always shows "Slide to Turn off"

bambam
Learner Driver

Since I updated to Ford Pass 5, the slide to remotely turn on my car never worked. It always say 'Slide to Turn off Vehicle' even if my car is off and even after force exiting the app. I reverted to the old version of the app and was able to use the remote start but the other day I was forced to use the new version again. I just updated to 5.0.1 hoping this is fixed but it's not.

Range has always been showing as 0m. The only use I have for this app is the remote lock/unlock but otherwise, it's useless.

33 REPLIES 33

Carvensno
Learner Driver

Same exact thing here 2018 Escape Titanium Edition. Even with newest update today 5.0.2

plhollingsworth
Learner Driver

I am having the same problem with my 2017 Escape since the last update. Car always shows as running. I have removed and reinstalled it several times with no change. Right now all I can use it for is to check my odometer or unlock the doors. I love this app and would like it to be useful again. 

TRQuixote
Learner Driver

Same issue on 2017 Titanium Escape. Doesnt matter how many times I reset the phone or delete and reinstall the app. So I can no longer start the car from the App. Ever.

david
Staff
Staff

Apologies, I missed updating people in thread. We've narrowed down the issue with the vehicle signals to 2017-2019 Escapes as well as some other Ford models that upgraded their modem from 3G to 4G. We're working on identifying patterns so we can do some cloud-level corrections of vehicle signal data. This would have manifested in different errors in FordPass 4 (i.e. extend start banner showing) but FordPass 4 was in this circumstance less accurate in showing the banner and reflecting current signal status.

There is no need to do a reset or toggle any vehicle settings, and we hope to address this outside of the mobile app itself so no update will contain the fix itself or be necessary once applied. Hopefully will have updates to share soon.

Senior Engineering Manager - FordPass

Vapor Blue Mach-E

Any updates on the fix?