cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Power-Up 3 Released Today (Updated August 9)

Rob
Staff
Staff

Mustang Mach-E:

We are pleased to inform Community members that we are releasing the Ford Power Up 3 Software Updates today to our Mach-E customers across Europe.

You can expect to see the updates listed below starting to arrive shortly.  We will deploy these updates in batches. The Mach-E’s selected for each batch will be chosen at random, so please don’t worry if you see someone online receive an update before you do, we haven’t forgotten you! It may take a few weeks for your updates to start arriving and there may be a few weeks between your updates.  Your car will need to be driven regularly in order to receive all of the updates, if you are away on your summer holidays without your car it’ll be alright and the updates will resume once you are back home and on the road again.

The updates are sequential and dependent, which means that your car will need to have each update installed before the next update is available to be deployed.

With the many factors involved in deploying software updates to a vehicle, in a small number of cases, it may take more than one attempt to successfully deploy an update.  If you do happen to receive an unsuccessful update please don’t panic, we will manage these situations remotely and ensure re-deployment happens, you won’t need to do anything.

The updates that you can expect to receive are as follows:

If you have a 21MY Mach-E (Job 1 / First Edition) the first update you will receive will be Ford Power-Up 3.5.2.1

This is a small behind the scenes update to the gateway module to prepare for the Alexa Built-in feature. The only change you will see is that the ‘Automatic Software Updates’ setting will now default to OFF.  I recommend you switch this back to ‘on’ after receiving this initial update - to do this select the vehicle icon on your SYNC 4A screen > Settings > System Updates > Automatic Updates and turn this ON. This will help ensure that your vehicle is up to date and ready for the updates listed below and future updates.

If you do choose to leave this option off, you will still be notified of each software update at which point you can accept or decline it. However, if you decline or defer a software update, or the notification expires, please note you will not receive any further updates until that update has been accepted, this is due to the sequential and dependant nature of our updates I described above.

If you have a 21MY (Job 2) or 22MY Mach-E the first update you will receive will be Ford Power-Up 23-PU2001-PR-FX.  If you have a 21MY Mach-E you will receive this Ford Power-Up 23-PU2001-PR-FX as the second update

This is an update to the SYNC module to improve handling of large software update files, you won’t notice a difference, however your pony will now be well prepared for our future updates.

If you own a 21MY Job 2 vehicle or a 22MY Mach-E and you skipped the section above I’d highly recommend you to check your Automatic Software Update settings are set to ON, it’s best to do this before you receive Power -Up 23-PU2001-PR-FX. To switch this to on, select the vehicle icon on your SYNC 4A screen > Settings > System Updates > Automatic Updates and turn this ON.

Following the above updates, if you have a 21MY (Job 1 or Job 2) or 22MY Mach-E you will then receive Ford Power-Up 23-PU0205-PR-FX

This is a large update to the SYNC module and delivers new features to your Mustang Mach-E: 

Everyone will see Dual Phone Pairing, and new Games (Lane Changes, Sudoku, Jigsaw Puzzles) to make the time when your vehicle is stationary more enjoyable.  Please note that Games are not to be used while you are driving the vehicle.

In Amazon Alexa supported markets (UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Austria) you’ll see Alexa built-in.  Importantly, once the installation of this Ford Power-Up is complete, Alexa will not be available for you to use until a few days after the Ford Power-Up installs, as it is remotely configured post-installation.

This is a large update and most of you will need a number trips in the car for the update to download.  Due to the file size, number of drive cycles required, and the use of cellular communication to download the update, there is a small possibility of the download not completing, if this happens you may see a failure message.  If you do get a failure message, please don’t be concerned, we’ll know and we will start the update again for you shortly after. 

If you have a 21MY (Job 1 or Job 2) or 22MY Mach-E you will next receive Ford Power-Up 3.5.3.4

This is a minor behind the scenes update to the gateway module.  This kind of update generally make minor enhancements to the overall OTA functionality of your car.  In this case, they are behind-the-scenes changes and you will not notice anything different with you vehicle.

If you have a 21MY (Job 1 or Job 2) or 22MY Mach-E you will next receive Ford Power-Up 3.5.4

This is a minor behind the scenes update to FordPass Connect.  This is the telematics unit. This kind of update  makes minor enhancements to the connectivity of your car.  In this case, they are behind-the-scenes changes and you will not notice anything different with you vehicle.

We are aware that a small number of customers received the incorrect English language version of the release notes (the information displayed in vehicle after the update). These notes should have only described the minor updates being made above.  These incorrect notes do not affect the function of the software update or the vehicle and there is no action required by you.  All new deployments from today now have the correct release notes.

If you have a 21MY (Job 1 or Job 2) only you will next receive Ford Power-Up 3.5.4.2

This is a another minor behind the scenes update to FordPass Connect only for 21MY customers.  This makes further minor enhancements to the connectivity of your car.  In this case, they are again behind-the-scenes changes and you will not notice anything different with you vehicle.  This update is not required for 22MY Mach-E

This now concludes Ford Power-Up 3 for Mustang Mach-E

We hope that you enjoy these new features for your Mustang Mach-E.

*New August 9*

Focus & Transit:

We have now released Ford Power-Up 3 for 22.5MY Focus and 22MY Transit with Sync 4.

The first update you will receive will be Ford Power-Up 23-PU2001-PR-FX

This is an update to the SYNC module to improve handling of large software update files, you won’t notice a difference, however your pony will now be well prepared for our future updates.

I’d highly recommend you to check your Automatic Software Update settings are set to ON, it’s best to do this before you receive Power-Up 23-PU2001-PR-FX. You will find this in SYNC 4 Settings.

The next update you will receive will be Ford Power-Up 3.5.3

This is a large update to the SYNC module and delivers new features to your Focus: 

You will see Dual Phone Pairing and Apple Car Play / Android Auto screen re-sizing is now available.

In Amazon Alexa supported markets (UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Austria) you’ll also see Alexa built-in.  Importantly, once the installation of this Ford Power-Up is complete, Alexa will not be available for you to use until up to a few days after the Ford Power-Up installs, as it is remotely configured post-installation.

This is a large update and most of you will need a number trips in the car for the update to download.  Due to the file size, number of drive cycles required, and the use of cellular communication to download the update, there is a small possibility of the download not completing, if this happens you may see a failure message.  If you do get a failure message, please don’t be concerned, we’ll know and we will start the update again for you shortly after. 

The final update that you will receive next is Ford Power-Up 3.5.4

This is a minor behind the scenes update to FordPass Connect.  This is the telematics unit. This kind of update  makes minor enhancements to the connectivity of your car.  In this case, they are behind-the-scenes changes and you will not notice anything different with you vehicle.

This update concludes Ford Power-Up 3 for Focus and Transit

63 REPLIES 63

RobGD
New Driver

Thanks Rob!  This is a very welcome development.  Looking forward to Alexa Built In.

One question if I may - Will the second update (large one) download via wifi if connected to home network?  Your post makes no mention of it and only refers to cellular and the need to drive the car often?  Job1 AWD ER.

Thanks

Rob

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RobGD, the updates require the vehicle to be in an awakened state continually to deliver. Due to the size/time involved cellular will deliver uninterrupted while driving (awake)  as opposed to the vehicle being static on Wi-Fi and having to be continually re- awakened.

FordPass Community Manager

Thanks Darren, that makes sense.  The issue I have is poor cellular network on most of our frequent routes.  We do however work from home often and could leave the car switched on for extended periods connected to Wifi.  Not the most environmentally friendly solution but would it work?  Cheers.

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RobGD , the issue with this approach is that the car wouldn’t stay active when in a parked state unless restarted every 15 minutes or so. Hopefully @Rob will be able to give some more explanation around this. 

FordPass Community Manager