cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueOval is awful

MusterBuster
Skilled Driver

Hello,

I have a BlueOval subscription and just discovered that there is no way to use the benefits of this subscription without the NFC charge card.

Supposedly, according to the Ford website, you can just "Plug & Charge" at any BlueOval Network charge point. This is not true. I just tried to use the BP Pulse charge point and could not without agreeing to guest rates.

So I then attempted to contact a Ford Guide for help. They recommended that I contact BP. I then contacted BP, who recommended that I contact the Ford BEV team. I then contacted the Ford BEV team, who do not work on weekends. 

With respect, what is this?! I've paid for this subscription with the car, and I can't use it or get support for it on weekends? There's no way to pay using the FordPass app, no way to log in to charge points as a BlueOval member, the advertised "Plug & Charge" feature straight up does not work (and this is not a BP Pulse issue). Why would I continue to pay for this? I'm paying for a subscription and getting none of the benefits. You guys can't go around advertising features that people rely on when making purchase decisions, then have those features not work at all.

Add this to the fact thay BlueOval can actually be more expensive than being a guest at some charge points and you've got to be asking what the value proposition of this service is at all.

This was supposed to be easier than ICE.

1 REPLY 1

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MusterBuster, we're sorry to hear about your poor experience over the weekend. The Blue Oval Charging Network does only work with the RFID card supplied. 

Plug + Charge is enabled on the Mach-e, but you also need the charger that you're at also to have this enabled. 

To my knowledge, it's just Ionity that supports Plug+Charge in the UK (for now). There's a nice article on this by Octopus Energy.

Also, for instructions on how to enable Plug and Charge;

If Plug & Charge does not activate automatically, or you wish to turn it off, perform the following steps within the FordPass App*: 

1. Select:
    1. Vehicle
    2. Charging
    3. BlueOval Charge Network
    4. Plug & Charge
  2. Slide the toggle to On or Off as desired.

On the website point not being clear, I will pass this on to the relevant team. 

Community Moderator