cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a detailed charge log

MusterBuster
Skilled Driver

Hi,

I've been massively overcharged by Evyye and need a charging log that shows the exact Kw/h I consumed at their charger. How can I get this? FordPass only shows the distance added, which I can't use as evidence.

This was whilst using by BlueOval card. 

8 REPLIES 8

Denmic79
Skilled Driver

What a bummer.

It should also write the percentage added. With that you should be able to calculate the amount of kWh added. 

Pre-heating the car in the morning(with cable attached) also consumes kWh from the grid.

Yep - sadly the public charging company Evyve will not accept "distance added" as evidence, as they charge oer Kwh and "distance added" is not an accurate representation of the amount of charge I received (because it can vary based on vehicle, weather conditions and the calculations that Ford use).

I need a proper log that shows when the charge started, when it ended, and how much Kwh was consumed by the car.

Please read it again. I am talking about percentage added. Now distance added. 

Percentage added is the amount of kwh added out of the full battery size. So (fictional example) 25% added in an charge session, with 100 kwh battery means that there was added 25kwh to the battery. 

I do not belive that you can get the log to include the actual amount kwh seen by the on-board charge.
There is a charge loss, and there could be additional usage, like if you sit in the car with heater on. 

I am unaware of how the on-board charge actually distributes the power coming in. 

But I will agree with you, that the actual kwh added would be a nice addition to the chargelog. 

@Denmic79 

It can be done bmw show how much has been put in both in percentage and kw in their charging history.

See attached pic