cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueCruise for older cars in UK

greymache
Experienced Driver

Hi I have a ER Premium MY 21 - it has the tech pack and holds the road superbly but nags for interaction every 30 seconds or so. It has all the hardware to support Bluecruise but just needs a software update. Does anyone know if there is any clarity yet around when this might be available for us older car owners ? There have been a decent stream of OTA updates lately upto 4.2.1.2 so I was wondering if this could be a precursor to Bluecruise. 

Is it still the intention of Ford to rolling this out to the earlier cars that can support it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shaun_inuk
Skilled Driver

As a response to a group of us who wrote to Lisa Brankin in June, this was the official response at that time, so I wouldn’t hold your breath. 

• We intend to deploy our BlueCruise technology on eligible pre-2023 Model Year Mustang
  • Mach-E vehicles with the compatible hardware (either AWD vehicle or RWD with Tech Pack or Tech Pack Plus). As pre-2023 MY vehicles were not configured for BlueCruise in the factory we need to develop a way to deliver the updates required to the vehicle. We are making good progress in assessing how we can do that but due to the extensive work involved, at this stage we are not in a position to predict timing, however, we will keep customers with the compatible hardware updated on BlueCruise availability through the FordPass App.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shaun_inuk
Skilled Driver

As a response to a group of us who wrote to Lisa Brankin in June, this was the official response at that time, so I wouldn’t hold your breath. 

• We intend to deploy our BlueCruise technology on eligible pre-2023 Model Year Mustang
  • Mach-E vehicles with the compatible hardware (either AWD vehicle or RWD with Tech Pack or Tech Pack Plus). As pre-2023 MY vehicles were not configured for BlueCruise in the factory we need to develop a way to deliver the updates required to the vehicle. We are making good progress in assessing how we can do that but due to the extensive work involved, at this stage we are not in a position to predict timing, however, we will keep customers with the compatible hardware updated on BlueCruise availability through the FordPass App.

Yes it's a few months on so I wondered if there was any new information particularly seeing as v4 powerups has started being delivered 

It's now 10 months since Lisa Brankin said they were making good progress and a year since Ford said that Blue Cruise would become available to older cars (as it is in the US) have you heard any more from Lisa Brankin or Ford on this - have they given up as too difficult ? 

awooster
Experienced Driver

To be honest, this doesn't feel like a technical issue as they have it working on older cars in other markets, and a localised version working in the UK on newer cars. All other software updates seems to now be roughly 4 to 6 months behind the US. So this smacks of a commercial decision to withhold it from the market and mis-selling.