cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Secure

portlandg
Mile Burner

I am confused by the mixed messages I am getting from Ford. I have a MY21 MME RWD ER. When the securialert function was removed we were told that a subscription service called FordSecure would be available. This new service was said to be Thatcham S7 approved. However, those of us, me, with older (first adopter)cars were told that the HARDWARE necessary to be S7 accredited wasn't installed but we could have most of the functionality of Ford secure (for the same price) but just not the accreditation.

Earlier this month I had a notification on my FP app and online account that I could sign up for a free 90 day trial and thence the subscription service. The info I had was that ALL the functions were available to me.

I queried this with the CRC and was told NOT to activate this trial as it has been deactivated and is not available at this time. Here is where the confusion arises. I have read on here that it IS available and those with new MY23 cars get a years free and all others get the 90 day free trial. Why are different departments within Ford giving different answers and which is the correct version.

Is this service available or not? Is it available for my car? If it is, what functionality do I get?

2 REPLIES 2

G8mb1t
Experienced Driver

That's a great question, as I too have a MME FE MY21 and sign up to the trial but doubt its working as intented. it would be good to know what hardware changed, and was introduced in MY23, as they all seem have to same modules, but different iterations of the modules. Surely it's just a firmware update that the module manufactures e.g. Bosch needs to be paid to update the older versions or is our cohort of UK owners with MY21/22 too small for the cost of the adjustment, or are these module firmware changes coming

Lennox476576
Experienced Driver

Hi there - I have a MY23 car and no Ford Secure subscription or option to have one so I'm not sure what is happening with this !!