cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a vehicle

DawnBeckett
Learner Driver

Hi,

I had my Fiesta in March 2020 and all way working fine in the ford pass app. I could see where it was parked and I was able to lock and unlock the car. 

Then in March 2021 I had a problem with app where everything froze so I had to uninstall it and reinstall again. When I did this I tried to activate the vehicle.  It won’t activate.

Each time I get in the car sync asks if I wish to turn on the remote features. When prompted I have to accept the details. It never gets that far. I just get messages saying your authorisation request cannot be carried out now. 

When I try to access the connectivity settings in the car it is not available and I have to try again later. Nothing has worked and the dealerships seems to have no idea what I am on about when I’ve mentioned it when it went for a service. It did have a faulty battery that was on the car for near enough a year until that was changed last week for a brand new one. Still get the same issue. 

It’s annoying the hell out of me. Does anyone know why I cannot activate the vehicle?  It shows in the garage and I have my phone connected to sync via Bluetooth where it will ask if I want to add this vehicle when I’ve deleted the car in the hope of adding it and activating it again.   

1614B1AC-E029-4CDE-AC76-705BEC8345FA.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DawnBeckett , 

firstly I am sorry that you haven't had he best experience with this. We will happily work with you to resolve. Could you please try the following:

1. In the vehicle tab within FordPass App scroll to the bottom and select 'remove vehicle' 

2. In your vehicle complete a master reset How to Master reset  

3. In FordPass app re-add your VIN and accept the popup within the SYNC screen in the vehicle. 

Note: This will unfortunately reset your vehicle settings as well (e.g. radio pre-sets) but I am hopeful that it may clear the issue. 

FordPass Community Manager

Sorry Darren it’s still computer days no. I just keep getting message from FordPass saying “Sorry, there was an error and we were unable to complete your request to change authorisation rights on 2020 Fiesta. Please try again later.”

Nothing seems to work to get it running again. I should be getting a new vehicle in March but I doubt I’ll bother with the app anymore. 

Hi Dawn,

looks like we may need to do some specific investigation work. If you have the time I will DM you for some more info to pass on to our technical team. 

FordPass Community Manager

Hi, did you ever find a solution to this?  I have exaclty the same problem. Thanks