cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach-E OTA Failure

Barry72
Experienced Driver

Hi there,

My car has twice tried to install SYNC version 1.71 and has failed on both occasions, when I go into my settings, it shows my current SYNC version as "--". Will this rectify itself or will I need to get my car booked into a dealership?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @saltski  The roll-out of Ford Power-Up 1.7.1, 2.1.0 and 2.3.0 have all commenced as planned and we are working our way through the process of updating vehicles.  As the updates are sequential and vary in size, it can take a short period of time for all of them to be delivered. If you have had 1.7.1 and 2.1.0 already, then 2.3.0 should be on its way shortly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Aulander
Skilled Driver

This is a known bug, a lot of MME are stuck on version 1.7.1 update failure. Ford says there is a 1.7.1 fix that has to be made at the dealer. I had 1.7.1 installed by the dealer and then I got two OTA updates in a few days, now I have 2.3.0.

Barry72
Experienced Driver

Hi Aulander, thanks for the info.

If the dealers have a fix then that is a little frustrating as my car was in the dealership last week for a brake check and the CSP 21P22 update.

Aulander
Skilled Driver

I am surprised you got the 21P22 update and they did not update the Power Up version, as the FDRS check shows all the available updates.

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Barry72 

Sorry that you've been affected by this. 

The update has been sent again and once you turn your car on, it should trigger the download. 

The update is around 12GB so it means around 25-40 min download time, but the vehicle does pause and resume.

Of course, a long period of Ignition will help to complete the download happen faster. 

Community Moderator