cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frost warning on IPC

Barry72
Experienced Driver

Hi @Ikenna,

Why do some Mach-E’s have the frost warning snowflake on the drivers IPC and some (like mine) do not, when the temperature drops below 4 degrees C?

I would have thought that this was a standard feature  across all models?

Barry72_0-1672238390732.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

The application has been published and is ready to be run. It is available in two areas under the IPC tab and under the Programmable parameters tab. G2373719 is the app reference. 

@saltski our Power Up Software Updates are being worked on and will, unfortunately, this isn't a change that can be applied over the air on this occasion. 

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Aulander
Skilled Driver

I had the same issue. I enabled the warning snowflake with FORScan and an OBD2 interface, but you could try with your dealer. It's just a digit change in the IPC module. Maybe an OTA update could fix it but I did it on my own.

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Barry72 @Aulander , apologies that I didn't update this post sooner but thank you both for raising. I have followed up with the appropriate teams and this is now fixed and can be installed onto your vechile at the next service.

Community Moderator

Barry72
Experienced Driver

Thanks @Ikenna, the car is due to go in for service in September, so I will see if I can get them to update the car then.

Why does this need to be applied at the next service on a CONNECTED vehicle which is capable of OTA updates? When an issue like this is identified why can't is be fixed over the air, the IPC module is OTA updatable. I have a friend with a mach-e who had this exact issues and the dealers had no clue how to fix it, they had to follow instructions from the mach-e forum.