cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What software version do I have on my 2022 Mach E GT

DavidK
Experienced Driver

I am perplexed after reading various Social Media posts about various software versions and updates on Mach E’s. I was not able to ascertain which software version on my 2021 AWD ER as the Sync 4 screen merely told me that my software version  was up to date with no current version showing on the screen. I put this down to experience as I had a 2022 GT on its way. I have now picked up the new GT, and the same, lack of information is applicable. I see mention of versions 1.6 , 2.1 etc. mentioned on Social Media, which, by the way, I only use out of necessity, and if you have version 2.1, say, you can do ……………etc. etc. and even lets the dog out into the garden.🤭. Please would someone give me a pointer to enable me to : 1. Ascertain which software version I have & 2. What the particular version means, in lay man’s terms. I would be very grateful for a response as all the talk of different versions, is starting to turn me into Victor Meldrew. Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

chris200100
Community Legend

@DavidK 

A Mach E GT should be on 2.1 or 2.3, it’s strange that it doesn’t say which version your on as it does on my non GT Mach e but I have had updates and currently on 2.1 so it might be until you’ve had an update it won’t show possibly.

are you able to open the fruck from the touch screen? If you can your most likely on 2.3 

as for look on social media the us are on a different update and do get them before us in the uk also with the difference in regulations some items in uk update might be missing or we have something they don’t do use any information from these sources as a very rough guide. 

View solution in original post

@DavidK 

I would say that you have 2.3, as 2.1 doesn’t have the games or frunk button.

I take it you’ve not had a OTA update yet once you have one it will show what power up your on. 
As your car came with the latest software it won’t show as you’ve not had a power up update yet

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chris200100
Community Legend

@DavidK 

A Mach E GT should be on 2.1 or 2.3, it’s strange that it doesn’t say which version your on as it does on my non GT Mach e but I have had updates and currently on 2.1 so it might be until you’ve had an update it won’t show possibly.

are you able to open the fruck from the touch screen? If you can your most likely on 2.3 

as for look on social media the us are on a different update and do get them before us in the uk also with the difference in regulations some items in uk update might be missing or we have something they don’t do use any information from these sources as a very rough guide. 

DavidK
Experienced Driver

Thank you for your response, which is appreciated. Yes, I can open the Frunk from the touch screen. I also have the sketch facility, as well as tiles and blocks.  The  Sync Version 4 installed is: V4.0.21297. If any of the above information gives any indication of the software version, please enlighten me.

@DavidK 

I would say that you have 2.3, as 2.1 doesn’t have the games or frunk button.

I take it you’ve not had a OTA update yet once you have one it will show what power up your on. 
As your car came with the latest software it won’t show as you’ve not had a power up update yet

DavidK
Experienced Driver

Hi Chris. You are correct with regards to OTA updates as I believe I have the latest software. I guess I should assume I have 2.3 and when this is updated, the power up version will be noted on the screen. Many thanks for taking the time to consider my request. I am a bit of a novice, but your assistance has made things a little clearer, for which I am grateful.