cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesla Integration

davesibbitt
Mile Burner

Seeing lots of posts from American owners on Facebook about getting their Tesla Adaptors (to enable use on ALL the Tesla Supercharger network rather than the limited few with CCS).

Any chance the UK Ford IT Crowd could update us on whether or when we can expect it on this side of the pond?

11 REPLIES 11

chris200100
Community Legend

We don’t need an adapter as Tesla superchargers in the uk have ccs plugs, some are open to all download the Tesla app and you will see which ones are open to all.

I’ve used them and they work very well indeed 

Hi

I understood that only a limited no. of Supercharger sites have CCS and you need the NACS adapter to use the others.

See Tesla web page extract below (haven’t changed it yet to show my Ford - but you get the gist)

AlanJohnsrud
Valued Contributor III

No, CCS is the EU standard that Tesla must follow. NACS = North American Charging Standard. As its name imply it is for North America.  The EU / UK is CCS, The majority of Tesla chargers should be open. However you should refer to Tesla for any limitations in the EU / UK.

Minnesota - 2022 Mustang Mach-E

As the Tesla site still only directs me to the very limited few sites where they allow non-Tesla’s with CCS on the supercharger - presumably this means that Tesla and Ford are not agreeing to extend access to the full UK network?