cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securialert question

herongateman
Learner Driver

Hello - I recently discovered the 'securialerts' feature within FordPass, and I found the constant notifications were a nuisance as the vehicle is shared between myself and my wife, Is the constant phone notifications as intended?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jack
Staff
Staff

Hello herongateman, I am glad that you have found the SecuriAlert feature and taken the time to engage with it. The intention of the feature is to put your vehicle into a heightened state of security when you are away from your vehicle, i.e. when you're in bed or at work etc.. if you're growing tired of the volume of notifications that you receive then could I recommend that you set up a schedule in the app? This gives you the peace of mind that SecuriAlert will be enabled at the times that matter to you whilst disabling the feature at time you know that you'll be using the vehicle

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Jack
Staff
Staff

Hello herongateman, I am glad that you have found the SecuriAlert feature and taken the time to engage with it. The intention of the feature is to put your vehicle into a heightened state of security when you are away from your vehicle, i.e. when you're in bed or at work etc.. if you're growing tired of the volume of notifications that you receive then could I recommend that you set up a schedule in the app? This gives you the peace of mind that SecuriAlert will be enabled at the times that matter to you whilst disabling the feature at time you know that you'll be using the vehicle

I didn't know you could do that @Jack !! Thanks for the tip!
Now as a real picky feature - is it possible to reuse schedules across cars?

Hi Cat_Keen,
As of now, no the schedules are not able to span across many cars. Is this something you would see value in? is there consideration towards two cars having two owners with two different daily schedules? perhaps we could look at giving the option "all cars" or "this car only" ?

I have a schedule set up for SecuriAlert and it worked fine for a while; however, it now seems to turn itself to 'on' every day. It's now part of my routine that I wake up, make my coffee, turn off SecuriAlert. Assuming this is a bug rather than a feature?