cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote starting

Lordhuxley
Learner Driver

Hi, looking forward to seeing and sharing in this forum. Just wanted to say how great it is to be able to remote start my kuga on really cold day. I’m wondering if there is any likelihood of remote moving feature being added to FordPass ?

5 REPLIES 5

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lordhuxley, great to have you onboard! Remote start has got to be up there as one of my favourites too, especially in this weather. when you say 'moving' can you elaborate a bit further please?

FordPass Community Manager

I believe @Lordhuxley means like the Tesla summon feature where you can remotely pull your vehicle out of a car parking space if someone is too close to you. 
it’s a very handy feature however I can’t see how it would work on anything other than a Mach e due to selecting forward or reverse on a gearbox where as a Mach e doesn’t have a gearbox.

Thanks @chris200100 - this is what I was thinking too. And agree that it isn't something currently planned on PHEV vehicles. We do however take numerous steps to ensure that we are competitive (or hopefully better 😉) than competition on desired customer functionality; assuming that our vehicle's hardware is capable.  

FordPass Community Manager

@Darren @It would be nice to have that feature on the Mach e.

it’s definitely doable on it as the us ones have got Bluecruise.

is there any word on when blue cruise is coming to the uk?