cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securialert question

herongateman
Learner Driver

Hello - I recently discovered the 'securialerts' feature within FordPass, and I found the constant notifications were a nuisance as the vehicle is shared between myself and my wife, Is the constant phone notifications as intended?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jack
Staff
Staff

Hello herongateman, I am glad that you have found the SecuriAlert feature and taken the time to engage with it. The intention of the feature is to put your vehicle into a heightened state of security when you are away from your vehicle, i.e. when you're in bed or at work etc.. if you're growing tired of the volume of notifications that you receive then could I recommend that you set up a schedule in the app? This gives you the peace of mind that SecuriAlert will be enabled at the times that matter to you whilst disabling the feature at time you know that you'll be using the vehicle

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jbelling
Learner Driver

Thanks, Jack! In an ideal world, I had envisioned a notification on my phone home screen with a swipe left to dismiss and in the app I'd prefer not to see them at all upon opening the app (or just one,  but not loads layered on top of each other). 

I will reinstate secure alert notification and see if the reliability of notification timing is better now, thanks for pointing me to that. 

Agree about the clustering. I don't necessarily need an alert about the tailgate, the drivers door and the back door individually. How about a compromise of a "Don't alert me again for 15 minutes" like some apps do?

Hi Cat_Keen,

we have considered and have designs for a "snooze alerts" button where, as a user, you could hit this button and upon getting the first notification, but knowing you'll be using the car again, you'll snooze alerts for amount of time

this seems to align to your thoughts too?