cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securialert question

herongateman
Learner Driver

Hello - I recently discovered the 'securialerts' feature within FordPass, and I found the constant notifications were a nuisance as the vehicle is shared between myself and my wife, Is the constant phone notifications as intended?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jack
Staff
Staff

Hello herongateman, I am glad that you have found the SecuriAlert feature and taken the time to engage with it. The intention of the feature is to put your vehicle into a heightened state of security when you are away from your vehicle, i.e. when you're in bed or at work etc.. if you're growing tired of the volume of notifications that you receive then could I recommend that you set up a schedule in the app? This gives you the peace of mind that SecuriAlert will be enabled at the times that matter to you whilst disabling the feature at time you know that you'll be using the vehicle

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hello Robblockwood,

sorry to hear that you're having some troubles with SecuriAlert. Since you say that you have a schedule set up, could it be possible that the schedule remains enabled and is turning the SecuriAlert feature on daily? If you can drop a screenshot of your SecuriAlert landing page (where you turn the feature on & off) into this chat, I'll work on getting you back up and running ASAP!

Hi Jack, I've attached a photo here.

It seems the SecuriAlert button keeps jumping to 'on' every day. I'm fairly sure I've set the schedule correctly to only be on during the night.  

Cheers,
Robb 

IMG_0072.PNG

Darren
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @herongateman, and thanks @jack! 

More SecuriAlert information can also be found here: 

SecuriAlert   

FordPass Community Manager

jbelling
Learner Driver

Hi! On this topic, I have found that securi alerts are sometimes delayed after 'the door opening' and then they come at random times, or when i open the app they all come through.   Any thoughts on why this might be?  I also need to dismiss them each time, which is quite frustrating, could we have a dont show this again button?

Hi jbelling, Thank you very much for the feedback! We have unfortunately seen some delays/issues in our back end services of late which has caused some of the message delivery to be late too. As it currently stands the service is working well and I would hope you are not seeing such delays? 
To your second point, we are looking to cluster multiple messages that trigger at similar times so that you only receive a single alert in the hope it would reduce customer annoyance. My personal opinion is that if you had a "don't show this again" button then you wouldn't be notified of a genuine threat when it happens. But I'd be open to listening to your point of view on the matter in order to improve this feature moving forwards. Perhaps, as an example, the push notification is received outside of the app but some customisation regarding whether or not you see the pop-up when the app opens?