cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Apple Maps Enhanced EV Routing?

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Hi Team

I understood that after PowerUp update 3.23 on my MME last April that Apple Maps was added to Driver console display & mapping,  was supposed to receive an update that resizes the tiny Nav Map display to compare with Ford’s Nav as well as integrated ev route planning by reading data from the battery. 

Well to date I only have the small Apple cryptic map, and only limited driver console display,    

Do you have details of this Sync4 update in the UK? 

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/electric-vehicles/ev-range/what-is-the-electric-vehicle-ev-rout...

There is no turn by turn display for Google Maps either, which they have in USA.  

That is not something can by dismissed in UK due to PAAK, there, like we in UK are being  told about the missing FRUNK Button in SYNC4. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasIII, thanks for raising this and we are still here! 🙂

I'll ask and reply with an update. We may not be able to give exact dates for when the update will come as these can change. 

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

JasIII
Skilled Driver

Hello IKenna,

Nothing on improve EV Driving, … but

with the patient help from Wonky Donky on MacheForums .com UK section,  It seems EV Routing has been enabled in Apple Maps for UK Mach-e since 2.3 last April! He sent routing photos proving it.

Hmmm not on mine? Well it turns out it just needs to activated in Apple Maps! 

1) Connect iPhone by Carplay

2) Open Maps on iphone

1. In Maps, tap your picture or initials at the top right of the search card.
  2. If neither your picture nor initials appears, tap Cancel next to the search field, or tap the search field, then tap Cancel.
  3. See drop down menu.  
  1. Tap Vehicles, tap Connect Your Electric Vehicles, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Hey Presto APPLE MAPS with EV DATA including  Current Battery level & routing!  

CBD47E8D-3DD9-4F6F-85F2-849BF391ED5B.jpeg

Only suggested charging and Charge Points  are missing(?)

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

JasIII
Skilled Driver

No replies? 🤔

Is this not a legitimate issue?  Or did someone not remember to turn the lights off when the team here packed up?😂

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasIII, thanks for raising this and we are still here! 🙂

I'll ask and reply with an update. We may not be able to give exact dates for when the update will come as these can change. 

Community Moderator

Ikenna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasIII, you have the latest OTA available to you as it stands. 

Regarding EV Routing via Apple Maps, it hasn't been released in the UK. Once Apple releases it, we will work to push this out to our drivers. 

Community Moderator

saltski
Experienced Driver

It’s not true that EV routing is not available in the UK, it is. I have it on ios16 and it works in the Mach-E. There’s a limit to how long Ford can blame others for they’re ineptitude at deploying software.