cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mach-e OTA

lzimme
Learner Driver

I’ve had my ‘22 Mach-e GT PE about 3 wks.  I’ve received 2 OTA updates and am currently at 3.5.3.  I’m having no luck getting the more recent updates (like 4.2.4).  WIFI connected, updates on ‘anytime’ and a schedule is set.  Any suggestions?

• EV
2 REPLIES 2

Calum80
Experienced Driver

I’m not really sure anyone

outside of Ford knows how the OTA rollouts work and they still seem to be very slow for me as well. 
I’ve had mine since 2021 and had problems getting the OTAs at first and I still seem to be far behind most people. 
What I’ve learned is the car will only stay connected to wifi for up to 15 minutes when turned off so the OTAs will be mostly downloaded via cellular data whilst driving. 
Also, the schedules are only for the updates that need to be completed when the vehicle is powered off so doesn’t relate to the actual download of the update. 
We’ve not had any updates like that in the UK yet. 
My last update was 3.5.2.1 on 28 July but nothing since. 
The community vlog 1 post is helpful to watch to understand how the OTAs are delivered. 

AlanJohnsrud
Valued Contributor III

Rob did post a reply to your original post. This forum is UK based, so being that you're located in the US. You will not find too much assistance here. 

But here is the thing, you just recently received the vehicle. It takes a few weeks for everything to process on Fords end. (Activation of everything and getting setup.) You will need to just be patient as they will slowly come through for you. The way software works on the vehicle is much different than a computer. You must receive them in sequence as they build upon each other. Some updates actually occur without you ever seeing a notification or PowerUp version number. This is normal. 

If you truly think there is an issue, you will want to reach out to the US Customer Service team and work with them on the issue. But in my experience, you just need patience as they will come through on their own when they are ready.

Minnesota - 2022 Mustang Mach-E